Territory Brand Protection Manager
• Drive and manage Nike, Inc.’s portfolio related to the manufacture, shipping, distribution and sale of counterfeit goods in the geographic area of the world under your responsibility, coordinate with Nike’s Global Brand Protection Director and other regional brand protection directors to develop and refine the strategy to be used and prioritize efforts to pursue those involved in this activity.
• Work with other territory sales and marketing teams to assure that brand protection is addressing their needs.
• Manage local investigative firms and outside law firms to assure the pursuit of the people involved in counterfeiting; work with local investigation companies in developing and improving their relationship with the various enforcement agencies within your territory, assuring that these relationships are legal, ethical and that they meet all Nike standards and requirements.
• Work closely, as required, with lawyers within Nike Legal on matters of litigation and criminal enforcement.
• Manage internet enforcement within the geographical area, working with the global team on these issues, but having a firm understanding of the internet and how it functions.
• Manage brand protection activities in the territory to an annual budget.
• Meet with territory production offices to provide support as needed and to familiarize yourself with the production activities and issues which may arise.
• Assure that all legal documents prepared by Nike, Inc. in support of brand protection enforcement meet local and ethical standards.
• Coordinate training within your territory to assure that it is timely and accurate as to the material provided, and that the expectations by those trained is reasonable and within the law.
• Respond to requests for testimony and support requests for expert testimony from other areas of the company in support of brand protection efforts.
- 5 plus years’ experience in brand protection, and/or related government experience in intellectual property enforcement.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
- Strong ability to express thought in writing clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- Capable of adding value to Nike through unique technical expertise.
- Broad range of legal experience regarding intellectual property and internet skills relating to enforcement and litigation.
Job ID: GC00512
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Others Jobs: What We Offer