Interaction Designer Ii Consumer Digital Technology
Nike’s mission is to bring innovation and inspiration to every athlete* in the world (If you have a body, you are an athlete). Nike+ is a collection of digitally enabled products and services, designed to fulfill that very mission.
We're looking for an Interaction Designer who can bring motivational and inspiring Nike+ experiences to life. You'll be working in a fast paced, fun environment, and your work will be used daily by millions of people, helping them to become better athletes.
Nike+ designers share two passions: a drive to impact people’s lives by making them healthier and more active; and a love for making digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible. In fact, they understand the two are complementary.
In this role you will work on the software design team responsible for the look, feel and overall user experience of Nike+ digital experiences. The unique requirement for this role is the ability to apply the best UI practices to bring features to life for athletes.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Apply the Nike+ Design Principles to the UI of Nike+ features and user interfaces
· Work with feature Software Design Lead and Visual Interface Designers to create use cases, mobile & web UI mockups, and user flows
· Design and produce digital assets primarily in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Keynote
· Facilitate and participate in design reviews with key stakeholders
· Facilitate and participate in Strategy & Planning, Persona Development, and
· Research Explorations as part of the Software Experience Design team and with key stakeholders
· Deliver complete mobile and web feature IxD packages with UI and specific annotation for feature development to front end developers
· Understand and communicate special considerations or limitations across platforms (Android, iPhone/iPad, and Web)
· Explore, design and specify interaction/mental models and navigation schemes.
· Support project managers in work estimates and planning
· Experience driving process oriented design exploration to achieve best in class solutions
· Build prototypes to help communicate interaction design solutions for key interactions and features as needed
· At least 3 years’ experience in a role with similar responsibilities
· Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Interaction Design or related field.
· You have designed some impressive, nontrivial mobile or web applications.
· You’re energized by starting towards a far off, foggy direction, and figuring out what it takes to get there.
· You are comfortable presenting and defending your designs to large teams and management
· There are lots of people here that care about one pixel. You should too.
· You know and can admit when something is not great.
· You don't have to be a good developer, but you have a strong understanding and respect how software and hardware get built.
Job ID: 00134884
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Design: What We Offer
From footwear and apparel to equipment, Nike is driven by designing innovative products for athletes. We’re a company in which the art of innovation is respected and can be found at the core of everything we do. Our Design team works directly with athletes and consumers to design authentic performance products. It’s a job that requires a passion for creativity and aesthetics, an eye for detail and the ability to create designs that help our athletes perform better. Being a designer at Nike means you have access to great resources like rapid prototyping equipment, machine shops, world-class material and design libraries. Learn more about jobs in Design with Nike today.