Interaction Designer Iii Lead Consumer Digital Technology
Nike’s mission is to bring innovation and inspiration to every athlete* in the world (If you have a body, you are an athlete). Nike+ is a collection of digitally enabled products and services, designed to fulfill that very mission.
We're looking for an Interaction Designer who can bring motivational and inspiring Nike+ experiences to life. You'll be working in a fastpaced, fun environment, and your work will be used daily by millions of people, helping them to become better athletes. Nike+ designers share two passions: a drive to impact people’s lives by making them healthier and more active; and a love for making digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible. In fact, they understand the two are complementary.
If the idea of helping people get off the couch and Do More gets you fired up, drop us a line. We're excited to hear from you! In this role you will work on the software experience design team responsible for the delivery and execution of creating user features and products for Nike+ digital experiences. The unique requirements for this role are that you pay attention to detail like no one else, you can communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders and teammates, and lastly you apply the best UI/UX practices to bring features to life for athletes.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Work with feature Software Design Lead and Visual Interface Designers on design strategy and planning for the creation of use cases, mobile & web UI mockups, and user flows for large scale feature projects
· Design primarily in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Keynote
· Lead the collaboration of the Software Design team’s IxD & Visual Interface Designers within a cross functional team including engineers, QM, producers and product managers
· Act as the tip of the spear with Experience Managers and Product Managers
· Help establish and refine the working flow of delivering completed UI, user flows, and all documentation from the Software Experience Design team to developers, QM, and program owners
· Understand and communicate special considerations or limitations across platforms (Android, iPhone/iPad, and Web)
· Direct the creation of functional specifications as needed
· Create a good prototype to get alignment on designs
· Cool and calm presenting designs to senior management and handling feedback
· Support project managers in work estimates and planning
· Identify roadblocks and obstacles with a plan for getting around them
· At least 6 years’ experience in a role with similar responsibilities
· Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Interaction Design or related field.
· You have designed some impressive, nontrivial mobile or web applications.
· You’re energized by starting towards a far off, foggy direction, and figuring out what it takes to get there.
· You are comfortable presenting and defending your designs to large teams and management
· There are lots of people here that care about one pixel. You should too.
· You know and can admit when something is not great.
· You don't have to be a good developer, but you have a strong understanding and respect how software and hardware get built.
Job ID: 00134883
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Digital: What We Offer
By being hired into one of our Digital jobs at Nike, you’ll be a key member of the Nike team. Professionals in Digital careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Digital job to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Digital at Nike may be waiting for you!