Converse Financial Analyst Cost Planning
North Andover, MA
Money, Money Money - So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here's our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That's the equation.
Role Summary: As a Cost Planning Financial Analyst at Converse, you will be responsible for driving cross-functional partnerships to ensure that materials and processes for product creation are addressed in the most cost effective manner, with goal of improving financial margins.
- Works with developers, category team, and costing team to review and interpret factory cost breakdown and its impact on the total weighted margin.
- Help set seasonal product margin targets by category, and report progress throughout product development cycle.
- Perform scenario analysis regarding materials, component, technology, and productivity, to help the team achieve target gross price margin per season according to the seasonal critical dates.
- Review historical information and models to prepare and present information to the category team and costing counterpart to help establish FOB and factory negotiation.
- Effectively communicate pertinent costing model information to the category and costing organization. Including FOB confirmation and tracking progress against key deadlines and metrics: FOB Target vs. Actual FOB, FOB on time.
- Other ad hoc reporting, analysis.
QualificationsRequirements of this position include:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years directly relevant work experience, with minimum of 1 year in finance, cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, production, engineering, or footwear product creation.
- Interacts well with diverse network of global business partners
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with FlexPLM, Business Objects, and SAP a plus
Job ID: 00092717
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Finance Jobs: What We Offer
We go beyond the numbers; we create growth through strategic planning and budgeting. Whether it’s improving the bottom line or planning future investments, Nike Finance delivers real-time information and insight across multiple business dimensions. Jobs in Finance include Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Audit and Compliance, Procurement and more. At Nike Finance, we drive a culture of accountability and continuous learning. Learn more about jobs in Finance with Nike today.