Technology Director Retail Business Intelligence Consumer Digital Technology
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike's Consumer Digital Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
As our Technology Director, Retail Business Intelligence, you’ll work as part of the Consumer Digital Technology organization to support Nike’s Global Direct to Consumer Retail business across our premium store, factory store and digital channels. Your primary responsibility will be to define and implement innovative and scalable retail business intelligence, reporting and advanced statistical analytics platform. You'll be integral in evolving NIKE’s multichannel direct to consumer analytics platform, tools and data to inform and power commerce business teams. You'll bring leadership and expertise in BI, development, and influence the organization in deploying the core foundational components of a consumer platform.
• Develops and communicates long-term vision and strategy for Business Intelligence platform.
• Lead, develop, and evangelize the Direct to Consumer Retail BI product roadmap considering business strategy, technology and competitive trends. Act as the liaison between cross-functional groups by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of business problems to be solved through IT solutions.
• Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, design, and implementation of major new BI capabilities, ensuring that technology choices and tradeoffs anticipate future needs while efficiently satisfying short-term requirements. Perform as an expert in the software development life cycle and system integration methodology, process re-engineering and process improvement.
• Partners with business leadership to deliver BI solutions and establish project priorities. Ensures tactical initiatives are aligned with the strategic vision and business needs.
• Build and lead a team of high performing individuals who create technology solutions to meet current and future needs for the Direct to Consumer Retail business. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Holds team accountable for milestone deliverables. Ensures project completion on time and within budget.
• Responsible for developing and managing the technology budget in support of Direct to Consumer BI systems. This includes the preparation of an annual financial plan and monitoring the monthly and quarterly actuals against that plan.
• Lead product management strategic and operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. Ensures that project staffing and resource needs are met in BI and Integration areas.
• Manage partnerships with vendors and leverage onshore and offshore models for work efforts, where applicable.
• Provide leadership and oversight on project management and execution. Oversee coordination and partnership with architecture and engineering teams to develop and maintain data warehousing architecture, data models, coding standards, and quality assurance practices.
• Successfully gain endorsement from both the technical and business management communities for new and compelling BI/DW strategies and roadmaps.
• Develops in-depth expertise of supported business areas and knowledge of the related business areas.
QualificationsTo make it clear, we’re not looking for just anyone. We’re looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
• Expertise in all phases of systems development and BI Solutions (OLAP, Data Mining, Applied Analytics and Predictive Modeling). A solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and a passion for business intelligence & data analysis.
• Success in managing BI programs supporting a multi-channel retail business
• 10+ years professional experience within large technology organization, preferably in a retail business
• Proven Knowledge in one or more Business Intelligence Platforms with background in OLAP/ROLAP architecture.
• Experience with Oracle, Cognos, Tableau, SAS, SAP BW and Informatica are preferred
• Experience with open source tools and platforms such as Hadoop, R, etc is a definite plus
• Project Management experience with a structured project management methodology required.
• Experience delivering complex enterprise IT projects or programs is required.
• Experience, interest and adaptability to working in Lean/Agile delivery environment
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• A consultancy approach to your work and ability to work independently and multi-task
• Bachelors' degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field.
• 2 years additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified. We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V
Job ID: 00143142
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Digital: What We Offer
By being hired into one of our Digital jobs at Nike, you’ll be a key member of the Nike team. Professionals in Digital careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Digital job to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Digital at Nike may be waiting for you!