Senior Java Application Engineer Consumer Digital Technology
Become Part of the Team
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Consumer Digital Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities
Your role on the team will be to design and develop SDK and API offering, and maintain a high quality end to end web experience for Consumer Authentication and Authorization. Using Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, your team will maintain all aspects of a Nike user’s core profile, including elements of data integrity and security. Due to the high usage nature of Nike Profile user information, the team is tasked with maintaining the highest level of performance, reliability and scalability. The Profile team works extensively with other web experiences throughout Nike so excellent communication and coordination skills are a must.
What we’re looking for:
- A hard-working Senior engineer with a passion for designing elegant, robust and secure solutions
- The right candidate is a strong team player who’s always looking for ways to move the team to the next level of performance.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in cross team development projects.
- At least four years of professional web application development
- At least four years of experience designing and delivering Registration/Login services
- Experience delivering solution using OUath2
- Extensive work in developing multi-tiered web experiences using AJAX/REST
- Working knowledge cross-domain techniques and tools (e.g. EasyXDM)
- Thorough understanding of web security and privacy
- Senior level knowledge of SDK/API management and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or five years of equivalent experience.
- Project experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with database development and management.
- Architecture and Design experience in a web environment.
- Good working knowledge of Java / Spring, expertise in writing web services.
- Experience working with Creative agencies.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Job ID: 00138084
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Digital: What We Offer
By being hired into one of our Digital jobs at Nike, you’ll be a key member of the Nike team. Professionals in Digital careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Digital job to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Digital at Nike may be waiting for you!