Senior Sap It Architect
As our Sr. SAP IT Architect you'll be joining the TAS Application Architecture organization as part of Nike Technology department. TAS brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer and customer-oriented team. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide goals. Our focus is on providing solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer value, and drive profitable business growth.
As a successful candidate you will help drive the SAP technical strategy, collaborate with SAP on future direction and communicate and coordinate with Nike Tech’s customers of SAP technology. You will focus on SAP ECC software for our AFS (Apparel Footwear Solution), Retail, and HCM systems. You will work with our other SAP transactional systems including Event Manager, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Solution Manager, and other SAP transactional system and support systems. You will collaborate with software engineers and business analysts to build composite applications using SOA services to combine SAP ECC data with data from non-SAP systems. You help the team in refining the Nike SAP architecture footprint, develop Nike roadmaps and work with teams to realize the roadmaps.
You will team up with other architects to influence SAP to develop solutions that fit Nike's needs. Work with teams at Nike to drive the use of standard SAP delivered solutions and content and lead the acceptance of new SAP technologies and versions at Nike.
The position will also be a go-to person for SAP development and technical governance ensuring the proper usage of this highly complex and business critical enterprise system.
The successful candidate has an in-depth knowledge of supporting complex SAP installations (including ABAP development and IDOC process) for a large global multi-national company running 7/24.
- Responsible for ECC and other SAP architectures for specific projects.
- Be a go-to person for SAP technical capabilities.
- Provide guidance on how to leverage SAP based specific technologies to create the most effective solutions.
- Partner with other architects, vendors, business and technical teams to understand SAP system needs and translate into capability and platform roadmaps and working with teams to see that roadmaps are realized.
- Provide consulting on solutions including how to leverage standard SAP functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs.
- Some platform ownership responsibilities such as capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Create and enable best practices, governances, and patterns for developers.
- We implement things we don't just roadmap them.
Qualifications- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent or appropriate business experience that shows equivalent talent.
- 5+ years of SAP ABAP development or Configuration experience.
- 2+ years of SAP architect experience.
- In depth knowledge of how SAP software functions and experience supporting same.
- Mastery of ABAP preferred.
- NetWeaver Java a plus.
- Proven ability to provide technical direction for complex problems.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical SAP strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience in developing technical roadmaps defining the rollout, of SAP technologies.
- Required experience with SAP ECC 6.0 and preferred experience with newer versions such as HCM version 6.0 enhancement pack5 or 6 supporting ESS / MSS solutions.
- Experience with SCM, PI, CE, and SRM preferred.
- Experience with automated testing using SAP tools preferred.
- Ability to develop highly complex SAP objects (e.g. shared user exits, classes).
- Experience developing solutions for highly integrated, high volume, high speed applications.
- Experience working in consultation with SAP for development.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to application engineers
- Support complex system builds, transports reviews, system upgrade support including SPAU/SPDD resolution.
- Ensure consistency of design with the architectural vision / strategies.
- Research/troubleshoot complex system performance and stability issues.
- Experience upgrading large complex SAP ECC systems is required.
Job ID: 00158500
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Information Technology Jobs: What We Offer
In Nike IT, we are responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining technology for Nike around the world. Our primary goal is to provide the business with the tools and services needed to do each job effectively from sales and design to advertising and distribution. We work together to deliver fast results at the speed of business. Dedicated to excellence, an array of IT specialists work closely with the business to design, create and support solutions to ensure Nike’s corporate infrastructure functions effortlessly. Learn more about jobs in Information Technology with Nike today.