Retail Technology Capabilities Director - DigitalApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
As a member of the Nike’s North America Direct-to-Consumer team, you will be a part of shaping the future of how NIKE connects and personally serves every athlete* on the planet.
* If you have a body, you’re an athlete
North America Direct-to-Consumer technology operates across organizational lines to help deliver entirely new products and technologies, that will have significant impact for our consumers, as well as for our business. This team is responsible for major consumer innovations that span from running our existing fleet of stores, to defining the simplest way to shop with our apps.
Where we go next… will be shaped by you.
In this role, you will drive exploration, creation and definition of major innovation projects for the company.You will play a key role in shaping strategy, defining new opportunities, and leading teams to rapidly ideate, create, test, refine, and ultimately deliver new experiences for the athlete* and the North American consumer.
This is a creative and strategic leadership role, that requires you to be able operate at the 30,000ft level and then dive into the grittiest of details, to ensure we’re heading the right direction and delivering a holistic solution. You should be an incredible system-level thinker who can see how many diverse parts can fit together to create consumer impact and change the course of the company. You will need to be comfortable presenting at the VP level, working through user experience, digging into technical details with engineering, and being a champion for our consumers.
• Drive the Seamless Marketplace Strategy to truly connect our retail and digital landscape
• Live in the future – Be immersed in the rapidly evolving digital and retail landscape.
• Drive rapid product and experience exploration against specific insights and/or technologies.
• Identify, articulate and nurture opportunities at the intersection of Consumer need, Technical feasibility, and Business objectives.
• Develop and maintain a network of partners, vendors, and consultants to ensure global-thinking and best-in-class capabilities.
• Work closely with design, marketing, strategic planning, hardware and/or software engineering teams to define large scale experiences and platforms.
• Conduct consumer insights, market research & drive rapid concept testing.
• Rally leadership and stakeholder support through crisp articulation of initiative, consumer benefit and Nike opportunity.
• Detailed product/service definition and program goals for the team.
• Direct internal, external, agency and/or partner team members.
• Be the external face & voice of innovation initiatives within Nike and Partners.
• Overcome any obstacle in your path, and deliver amazing experiences!
• Lead and inspire a team of vendors and enterprise partners in delivery of new digital and analog experiences.
• Leverage your experience in an retail or digital environment to create a multi-year roadmap and deliver against it.
• Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
• Solve complex business problems in partnership with other domain leaders across Nike.
• Develop and execute vision and strategy.
• Use strong verbal, written and presentation skills with leaders at all levels of the company.
• Partner with Operations teams to ensure production service levels are met.
• Works closely with Domain architect and leaders to develop roadmaps.
• Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
• Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- 7-10+ years of work experience in digital or retail marketplace roles.
- Proactive, solutions-orientation with a history of solving complex problems
- Significant experience managing complex digital products requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute methodically while also thinking strategically
- Strong team-orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00352664