Assistant General Counsel – Global Real Estate and ConstructionApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.Description
- The negotiation, structuring and strategic implementation of various global real estate agreements including retail, office and warehouse leasing, purchase and sale agreements, license agreements, construction contracts, event agreements and related matters.
- Train and oversee paralegals and administrative assistant on real estate matters.
- Prioritize high value/high risk work while efficiently resourcing low risk/low value work, including development of process and systems to streamline workflow.
- Manage or directly resolve landlord/tenant disputes.
- Closely partner with lease administration, facilities, finance and other internal business colleagues to provide support, guidance and counseling on essential real estate related issues.
- JD degree. Member, in good standing, of at least one US State Bar and willingness to commit to membership in the Oregon State Bar.
- 7-10 years' experience in a major law firm or in-house with heavy concentration in the following specialty areas: retail leasing, major office leases, warehouse/distribution center leases, land acquisition/disposition, and/or construction or development contracts.
- Additional expertise and/or knowledge in the following areas: land use & permitting, zoning, environmental, title & survey, bankruptcy and foreclosure, and landlord/tenant dispute resolution, including some litigation experience.
- Proficiencies with negotiating, drafting and closing complex lease and acquisition deals.
- 5 years team leadership and people management experience.
- Strong ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers.
- Ability to manage confrontation in a sensitive and partnership-building manner as well as develop strong working relationships across multiple function areas internally and externally.
- Creative, efficient and decisive problem-solver that is comfortable incorporating digital solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with solid business acumen.
- Team player and leader who can enhance performance, improve productivity and get results on tight deadlines.
- Multi-lingual candidates and/or global experience preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00371264