Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
As the Lean “NLS” Manager you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring teams in Lean Thinking and Continuous Improvement activities. The Nike Logistics System is the guidance to our approach to Lean and its progression. Candidate should have a fundamental understanding of Lean and the curiosity and willingness to learn and grow with the team. You will work with the Distribution Center team, as well as North American Supply Chain and Global NLS teams. The ability to engage people is also key in this position. Other responsibilities include:
- Models behaviors regarding Lean Thinking using tools and concepts
- Constructively questions status quo and is the change agent that challenges existing processes to reduce or eliminate waste and increase value-add to our customers
- Develops training modules regarding administrative and operational Lean tools
- Works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and develop continuous improvement opportunities and best practices.
- Teaches and utilizes, PDCA methodology, root cause analysis, problem solving, standard work and follow-up.
- Works with the Operations team and helps to manage a Continuous Improvement Plan for the plant and track savings.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide appropriate documentation, project update communication and coordinate success celebrations
- Facilitate teams through experimentation, learning how to fail fast and recover, and celebrate wins.
- Share best practices and build relationships with CI resources
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA degree preferred (engineering or operations)
- Minimum 5 years experience in teaching and mentoring lean required
- 5+ years of Lean and CI exposure
- Problem Solving training *(Six sigma, DMAIC, etc)
- Experience in facilitation of diverse groups from hourly to executives
- Experience in creating training and program managing training curriculum
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.