Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
- Ensure consistent execution of operating and merchant standards.
- Open and close store per operating procedures and best practices
- Partner with SM to ensure that all visual directives, promotions, and markdowns are completed within guidelines and in a timely manner (to include mismates, obsoletes and defectives)
- Adhere to shipment best practices and policies
- Ensure that employees are cross-trained as appropriate in all areas of operation such as footwear, apparel, equipment, cashiering and BOH.
- Leads by example by executing the STARS MANTRA daily
- Consistently communicates financial goals (i.e. KPI, daily sales goals and hourly readings) and ensuring team members are motivated to hit them
- Is a Converse Brand Ambassador
- Assist in delivering the Financial Budget
- Contribute to the store's financial performance through high productivity within KPI's related to sales, revenue and shrink including conversion rates, UPT's and ADPT's
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of retail experience
- Speaking clearly with employees and customers
- Basic math functions (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing).
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to perform all retail floor functions including standing for extended periods, climb ladders, stock/retrieve/ merchandise, and unload shipments
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.