Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
Located in our new office in Berlin, you will be part of the world’s leading sports brand, work in a first class environment and have an exciting career opportunity ahead within the company.
- Manage and monitor the complete month end accounting close process from journal entry through to preparation of monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, (including balance sheet reconciliations, close tasks, month-end checks and related bookings). This is performed under the supervision of AM Germany.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place
- Monitor key financial reconciliations and ensure compliance with the appropriate local and Company policies
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are appropriately accounted for and reports and prepared and analyzed in a timely manner
- Analyse financial records and reports to ensure they are in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for management accounts and local Accounting Standards for statutory purposes
- Manage the preparation of our external statutory accounts and the subsequent external audit process, including leading the coordination with our external auditors.
- Manage any Internal Audit and SOX compliance work with our Global counterparts
- Ensure tax compliance for the company to corporate income tax (CIT), VAT and payroll taxes and interface with relevant tax experts in our European HQ and external 3rd parties. Includes ensuring accurate and appropriate tax treatment in all areas, timely tax returns and submissions, as partnering with our external tax advisors.
- Report to the Accounting Manager Germany, in close collaboration with the Finance Director. Cooperate with our external resources that are managing transactional finance work. The role requires continued project management of this external relationship and process optimization.
- Identify efficiencies and action plans for improving processes, integrating activities, optimizing department resources with a focus on value added activity, and actively participate in roll-out of new tools, policies, or processes.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting as requested from the European HQ or World HQ or ad hoc analysis from Finance Director.
- Act as a business partner / advisor to support other functions as they engage in projects where controlling expertise is required.
- Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- At least 5 years of working experience in accounting in Germany
- Knowledge of German tax and local statutory requirements
- Fluency in English and German, written and verbal
- Good MS Office and financial system knowledge, SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong intellect, results-orientated with a personal impact and a sense of urgency
- Professional Finance qualification, preferably CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA is a plus
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in working within international, complex and matrix organization
- Ability to cooperate with the business and manage small teams to execute the tasks
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.