Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike’s mission is to bring innovation and inspiration to every athlete in the world (and at Nike, if you have a body, you’re an athlete). They do that by creating groundbreaking sport innovation in footwear and apparel, by making their products more sustainably, and by redefining membership and community for a 21st century consumer through the lens of digital technology.
s23NYC is Nike’s first digital experience studio and the driving force behind some of the brand’s most memorable experiential community shopping moments (as featured in Fast Company, Engadget, TechCrunch and others). Tucked in the heart of New York’s iconic Flatiron District, s23NYC is a dedicated team of marketers, designers, makers, and engineers focused on reimagining how Nike’s most dedicated fans unlock, discover, and think about their kicks. With a passion for sneakers and an emphasis on rewarding the community that loves them, s23NYC builds, designs and deploys innovative, interactive, and slightly mischievous features for the Nike SNKRS app (iOS and Android).
Since its inception 3 years ago, s23NYC has re-imagined the shopping experience within Nike’s SNKRS App. In the last three years, the SNKRS app has scaled to 22 countries and has seen revenue skyrocket from $70M to $755M. As quoted in last month’s Nike earnings announcement from Nike CEO Mark Parker, “The SNKRS App has become an incredible asset to our brand with users checking in daily and has acquired more new members than any other digital channel for NIKE. For the fiscal year, SNKRS more than doubled its business, doubled its number of monthly active users, and now accounts for roughly 20% of our overall digital business.”
s23NYC is now broadening its mandate to bring the energy and emotion from sneaker launches to more communities and platforms at Nike. With a new focus on deepening engagement and growing its member base across all communities, the studio is the sharp point of the “Nike Direct” offense (the company’s DTC initiative) and sits at the epicenter of technology, art, and fashion. It is undeniably well-positioned to shape culture at scale.
We’re taking digital to the next level. We've opened a new Digital Innovation Lab (DIL) in NYC that’s dedicated to creating engaging and innovative consumer experiences across all of our digital products and services. And you’re going to help grow the DIL and Nike’s New York technology presence with us. All the passion and hustle of a start-up, but at the scale, stability, and benefits of Nike.
Goals of the Digital Innovation Lab in NYC:
- Bring community & collaboration features to digital products and services
- Build empowered teams of high functioning ICs
- Rethinking about how we do digital experiences
- Grow Nike’s presence in New York’s technology community
Our Offer… As our Senior Android Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing innovative Android native experiences. In this role, you will be:
- Innovating, architecting, designing and implementing highly visible projects that directly impact the customer experience
- Supplying ideas for new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborating with development and product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy innovative mobile applications
- Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute
- unique and innovative experiences
- Writing clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android Applications
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Animation, custom UI, and sensor experience
- Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology
and a burning desire to constantly improve
yourself, the product, and the codebase
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Experience estimating work, planning,
organization and implementing complex software
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.