Nike is committed to creating a safe and compliant work environment for our employees, partners, and communities. The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager is instrumental in creating a safety culture, in driving awareness and accountability for EHS performance at all levels, for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local EHS regulations and for implementing global EHS programs. This role works in close collaboration with manufacturing, engineering, maintenance and facilities to develop and implement sustainable EHS programs on site. The successful candidate will be both an effective influencer engaging, teaching and inspiring stakeholders from different teams and a high performer, capable of working autonomously while remaining aligned with global EHS and AirMI programs.
Ensure operations comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Stay abreast of emerging legislation, informing leadership of potential impacts.
Implement all aspects of injury oversight including reporting, investigation, identification of corrective and preventative actions and publication of safety alerts.
Implement Nike’s global EHS programs, providing support to local operations to customize the program to meet local needs. Develop programs necessary for AirMI operations that are not covered by global standards.
Collaborate with Learning and Development to develop training matrix and effective health & safety training for hourly, supervisory, and management team members.
Train supervisory team members to effectively use analytical safety tools including root cause, risk assessments and JHAs, providing oversight and continuous improvement in skills development.
Actively participate in machine procurement process, leading the machine safety site acceptance test and risk assessment.
Support internal and external inspections and audits. Provide technical support and oversight as necessary to ensure action items are closed by responsible parties.
Produce regular summary reports and analysis on EHS activities and key performance indicators as directed by site leadership and EHS director.
Develop and implement key components of management system including site record management system.
Provide support to continuously improve the Safety Culture as defined by site plan.
Develop strong relationships with business leadership to ensure EHS is included in facility and asset planning and EHS is integrated into business decisions.
Provide technical and regulatory compliance expertise and support.
Perform other duties as directed by the site leadership and EHS director.
- 8-10 years practical experience with EHS program development and implementation in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in EHS regulations and demonstrated experience managing relationships and issues with local regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write and successfully implement EHS programs.
- Proficiency in conducting root cause investigations, in driving continuous improvement and in training others’ in critical thinking.
- Knowledge of safety, industrial hygiene and environmental testing methods
- Knowledge of behavior-based safety
- Experience in efficiently managing external service providers
- Proven teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and strong in influencing and impact skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast paced, matrixed organization
- Adept command of Microsoft Office products, demonstrated ability to quickly and confidently learn new technologies and develop user training materials
- Energetic, agile, detail-oriented
- Self-starter who also values team work
- Proactive, common sense approach to getting ahead of issues
- A good listener and thoughtful communicator – straightforward, honest, and direct
- Higher education in EHS or associated field with certification of EHS management.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.