Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
As the Director of Global Digital Merchandising, you will lead the global digital merchant and merchandise planning teams. You will partner with geography merchant, global brand merchant and global product teams, to drive the brand vision through Converse’s digital direct platforms globally. This role plays an integral part in bringing Converse’s global brand strategy together with geography consumer needs; ensuring Converse delivers consumer right assortments to our digitally native audiences across the globe. In this role you lead the global digital seasonal merchandising strategy. You will be the acting liaison and advocate for the geography digital merchant teams who drive the business, and the global teams creating product and brand strategy, to ensure our assortments begin and end with a digital mindset.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead global digital merchant and merchandise planning teams
- Lead digital teams in global seasonal game plan milestones
- Set the seasonal merchandising strategy, in collaboration with geography teams, to deliver seasonal consumer right assortments
- Partner with Global Brand Merchandising and Global product to deliver the right product breadth in key categories that support financial targets
- Collaborate with global functions on key projects to inform digital needs
- Partner with Global Content Strategy team to deliver product assets for key seasonal products
- Deliver digital consumer insights to the IDPM organization to inform future product strategies
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ years with relevant retail experience in merchandising, merchandise planning, company planning or product
- Or in lieu of degree, 10+ years relevant work experience
- At least 2 years digital retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross- functional teams
- Proven success in the creation and socialization of merchandising and business strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects at once
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate strategies to the organization
- High Degree of professionalism
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.