Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As a Principal Product Director, Privacy at Nike, you will lead the creation, improvement and growth of premier digital products. You will help define and execute the product vision and strategy, lead the end-to-end lifecycle of a product, and help identify market opportunities. You will define and execute a thorough roadmap and product priorities based on a strong understanding of consumer needs, insights and an even stronger handle on in-depth data analysis.
The Principal Product Director, Privacy works with a cross-functional team to define, prioritize and deliver products, features and capabilities that help consumers control their personal data and understand how it is used within Nike’s apps, website and Retail digital ecosystem.
Working with both front-end and back-end product managers and development teams, you will be a leader who effectively and appropriately organizes resources to achieve business objectives and impact change across the Nike Digital ecosystem. Leading through influence, you will partner with executives across multiple functions to develop a cohesive product strategy, product roadmap, and ensure successful business outcomes. The successful candidate will work to gather feedback and drive roadmap and prioritization alignment across a diverse range of stakeholders including consumer experience and capability teams. Above all, you will embody the principles of product management while being a constant champion for our consumers.
- Leadership: Set the strategic direction for Privacy-related experiences and capabilities across the ecosystem while developing a product roadmap in partnership with other Nike business stakeholders.
- Management: Lead product squads, each composed of multidisciplinary teams, with direct management over multiple product managers at all levels. Enable teams to be successful by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business.
- Product strategy and vision: Create and effectively nurture a data-driven and market-informed product vision and strategy that works in concert with the greater Nike strategy. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Product lifecycle management: Handle the end-to-end lifecycle of complex products from conception through launch. Strategize and execute on growth initiatives in operating live products.
- Product roadmap definition: Develop a product feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of consumer needs.
- Prioritization: Effectively design project plans based on priorities, setting clear/measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on complex product specifications while accounting for design challenges and external dependencies.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Develop and measure product KPIs, derive key insights, drive reporting tools, and devise and execute experiments and multivariate tests to find product solutions.
- Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple stakeholders in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of stakeholders including app, web and retail teams, capability teams, operational teams, legal and globalization.
- Collaborate: Partner with Engineering, Design and Program Management leaders throughout completion of milestones while connecting with brand marketing and analytics teams to deliver optimal results. Also partner with app, web, retail and capability teams to understand and deliver against consumers’ needs.
- Raise the Bar: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, design reviews, internal blogs).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product management; consumer mobile or web product experience required
- Previous consumer privacy and/or consumer data experience strongly desired
- Exceptional data analytics skills
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
- Ability to lead high performing, cross-functional teams
- Ability to train and motivate product teams of varying levels of experience
- History of developing and growing product management talent through challenging situations
- Ability to create product deliverables such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications
- Experience running live mobile app or web experiences with multivariate testing
- Experience handling priorities with third party vendors and key partners. Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
- Outstanding written/oral, interpersonal, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- History of making challenging tradeoffs in establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and challenging negotiations.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive stakeholders
- Strong passion for creating engaging, compelling fitness and sports user experiences
- Previous start-up and/or software consulting experience a strong plus
- CS background or prior engineering experience a strong plus
- Previous experience with SQL, database architecture, and building BI tools a strong plus
- Comprehensive understanding of the market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.