Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Sr Director of Street Style understands our consumer, marketplace trends and insights. You will display a strong understanding of street style, and a passion for the sneaker industry.
The Sr Director Street Style is responsible for managing a global team and leading the product creation process, from gathering consumers insights to delivering product across iconic and new technical silhouettes.
• To diversity the converse footwear portfolio and grow the Converse Footwear business in the Street Style Category.
• To create new product propositions by leading the company transformation with new vision, new behaviors, and new processes.
• Set and execute the 3 year vision and growth, aligned with finance and the company’s strategic plan.
• Re-energize the Street Style business to increase marketshare in key accounts and regions.
• Identify new growth opportunities through product evolution and innovation around style
• Create capability in the business to get closer to and engage the consumer, building deeper emotional consumer connections thru compelling product storytelling, ensuring consumer and market insights are acted on across all business functions.
• Lead the product creation Triad (development/design) through the creation process including the geo product teams.
• Build, manage and elevate the team to embrace more growth mindset and different ways of working
• Align cross functionally on Go-to-Market strategy to ensure benchmark execution in the marketplace (Merchandising, Brand, Sales)
• Set the winning business plan and targets aligned with the brand objectives and ensure financial and brand performance targets are met. Review and approve category financial KPI targets, including units, margin, SKU targets, sell-through and inventory.
• Develop specific product plans to ensure the adoption across the brand marketing concept maps, Merchandising assortment plans and regional initiatives.
• Ensure effective strategic planning and execution takes place in the geographies, measured against revenue, gross margin results and budgets.
• Lead and develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary team and create a growth and transformation focused mind-set. Encourage risk taking and exploration.
• Foster an ethical work environment with clear values, priorities and standards.
• Proven track record in leading a business to growth and inspiring an organization to change.
• A proven cross-functional leader, who aligns the multiple elements of the business (demand planning, merchandising, finance, marketing, etc.) to get to a growth number.
• Proven Product management experience and expertise in understanding and interpreting consumer insight and market intelligence to maximize business growth and market share. Deeply understands global, regional and local market and consumer nuances and needs.
• Growth mind-set and transformation leadership skills.
• Collaborative, inspirational and motivational leadership style.
• High level of leadership identity and executive presence.
• Proven success in
- Setting vision and defining goals
- Developing impactful strategies and annual business plans
- Delivering the business plan (through performance management)
• Successful experience in organizational and team development.
• Strong business orientation, analytical and commercial aptitude.
• Proven business management experience with P&L responsibility.
• Strong strategic leadership skills with the proven ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop a world-class team.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.