Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
As our Nike Golf Sales Representative, you'll establish Nike as the premier brand within the specialty retail channel by achieving revenue growth and maximizing profits for Nike and our retail partners. You'll service an assigned account base through regularly scheduled product presentations (footwear, apparel) and service calls. You'll secure and communicate technical product information to your accounts and manage product flow from Nike to the retailer and the end consumer. You'll track orders, handle logistical issues, manage sample lines, and submit expense reports in a timely manner. You'll influence assortment decisions with advanced skills in account and product planning, forecasting, and analysis of the assigned account base. You'll be responsible for developing & maintaining in-depth knowledge of Nike competitors' policies, programs and products as well as national & local trends. You'll enhance Nike's relationships with its retail customers by connecting them to meaningful company initiatives (e.g. B2B, retail sales analysis, etc.). You'll build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers. You'll communicate account issues, future business opportunities, product issues, etc. to sales management via sales meetings, conference calls, seasonal selling recaps, phone, etc. You'll travel to sales meetings, specialty trade shows, and participate in a variety of marketplace evaluations. In addition, you'll drive sales and build relationships by facilitating retailer events and teaming with Sports Marketing to plan athlete appearances and promotional events. You’ll handle key regional accounts, including product presentations, setting inventory levels, and communicating effectively with your internal team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2+ years' additional sales experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years' experience in the Golf industry (retail or sales) is strongly preferred
- Brand Advocate
- Strong Industry and business acumen
- A history of strong selling skills
- A familiarity of Nike and competitive product knowledge
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Passion towards golf, preferably as an enthusiast and participant
- Strong knowledge of the golf industry and trends in the marketplace
- Merchandising experience is helpful
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, as -well as core iPad and smart phone technologies
- Understanding of the competitive market, customers and retail trends
- Ability to use financial data to make decisions and maximize account profitability
- Ability to develop accurate/realistic seasonal assortments, forecasts and scenario plans
- Leadership qualities and ability to persuade and influence people to take desired action
- Ability to prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations
- Ability to travel to assigned accounts up to 80% of the time
- Ability to grasp, carry and move samples up to 50 lbs
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.