Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
You will work closely with key partners to understand the business strategy and priorities and deliver a full spectrum of HR programs and services to our stores to build commitment, capability, and overall engagement among individuals and teams.
You’ll work across Nike Direct HR, the territory, and with your Center of Excellence (COE) partners, to gather employee and marketplace insights, data, and trends, which you will use to drive solutions and actions that will contribute to organizational health and the achievement of business objectives.
You will utilize a variety of methods to ensure you have a strong presence in the territory that yields an “insider’s pulse” on strengths, opportunities, and the overall health of organization in the territory.
You’ll participate in key business planning and talent planning sessions to assess talent, and develop strategies to address development needs, gaps and risks. You will play a key role in developing and/or executing strategies and interventions requiring organizational design, employee relations, leadership and team development, change management, performance management, compliance and overall engagement.
To be successful in this role, you should:
• Obsess the consumer, have strong business acumen, and be results driven
• Possess a working knowledge of retail — how retail business works, how a store operates, and the realities of bringing programs and processes to life in a store environment
• Know how to establish credibility quickly, effectively build and manage interpersonal relationships, and demonstrate accountability at all levels
• Understand how to drive results in a matrixed environment and demonstrate comfort with ambiguity
• Possess expertise in agility and problem-solving based on quantitative and qualitative data
• Have passion for and comfort in excellent written and spoken communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Demonstrate expert-level project management and project team leadership skills
• Be a great listener and negotiator
• Be cool under pressure — composure and professional maturity are table stakes
• Be collaborative, creative, curious and fun to work with
• Lead with a growth mindset and have a strong desire for continuous improvement
• 5 years' relevant work experience in an HR management role; 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 2 years retail HR experience strongly preferred
• A demonstrated passion for HR and Retail
• Experience in the areas of organizational effectiveness, change management, employee relations, staffing, compensation, training and development, and HR program management
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement local territory HR strategies that are aligned with overall business and HR strategy
• Proven capability of working with partners to develop, implement, leverage and monitor HR programs, initiatives, systems, policies, and procedures
• Experience with HR metrics and data to story tell and provide decision support
• Proven ability to calmly, confidently, and confidentially engage with management and employee relations to address opportunities and needs, as appropriate
• Ability to monitor and address compliance issues and opportunities to ensure legal compliance
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.