Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
You’ll monitor the development of prototype samples and interact with Product Operation Management at each stage of development . You will ensure the timely completion of each project. You’ll build awareness of current trends through market travel/research in order to keep abreast of consumer and design direction. In addition, you’ll participate in activities that will increase understanding and working knowledge of products, product lines, product development, commercialization and specific markets in which Converse does business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design
- Passion for performance excellence.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and developing footwear
- Proven ability to apply and perform skills such as drawing, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing/scale, visual presentation development and layout.
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience with 3D design programs are a plus
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to create market appropriate designs within set timelines
- Ability to understand and incorporate marketing principles to design
- Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse group .
- Fluent in English both verbal and written communication is a must.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.