Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for talented self-starters with a passion for data and analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive analytics to enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
As a Data Analytics Manger for North America Marketplace Analytics, you will be a key contributor to the build and promotion of multiple data products that provide actionable insights and support critical business and investment decisions. You will work side by side with our data scientists and engineers, and in close partnership with other business intelligence and data product teams.
This role is ideal for a data evangelist who is self-motivated and relentlessly curious, especially about how data can be used to inform Nike’s view on consumer demand and drive better decision making. You enjoy finding relationships between disparate data sets and clarity in a muddied data environment. You are highly proficient in SQL, well-versed in automation techniques, and at home in a cloud based big data environment. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning, and are finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Build and execute innovative and effective data and analytics solutions to unique or complex Nike challenges and opportunities in support of targeted business priorities and objectives
- Develop deep knowledge of core data domains and drive value from the intersection of different functional views of the Nike business
- Work with key partners to understand requirements and improve opportunities to drive knowledge into action
- Collaboratively review plans, methodology and implementation with key stakeholders to ensure and uphold best practices and data quality
- Troubleshoot data and analytics issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve issues
- Work independently and take initiative to identify, explore and solve problems
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
- PhD or Law + 3 yrs.;
- Masters + 4 yrs.;
- Associates + 6 yrs.;
- High School + 7 yrs. Exp
- 5 years in Data Product work and deep experience with relational data sets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or work on cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Experience in the valuation and definition of new measures, and the translation of business goals into quantitative metrics
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of key topics in data
- Experience with a statistical modeling is a plus (such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with agile design and development is a plus
- Experience with Git and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Git and Amazon Web Services preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau, as well as data analysis/visualization packages in R or Python is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.