Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
NIKE is a technology company. Our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are seeking a high performing Principal Software Engineer to play a critical role in the digital transformation of our Global Sourcing and Manufacturing technology landscape.
In this role, you will be a leader and pioneer in the creation of a digital information backbone, collaboration platform, API strategy, and global applications for NIKE, its Factories, and our Suppliers.
Our successful candidate has excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on software development experience. Our ideal candidate will anticipate future technology needs of our Sourcing, Sustainability, and Manufacturing businesses and drive solutions to those challenges.
- You will provide technical direction and creative guidance to our software, data and integration engineering teams
- You will identify and implement engineering standards and best practices across our product teams
- You will have a leadership role in the hiring and development of modern engineering talent into our teams
- You will personally develop solutions to the most novel/complex engineering problems
- You will convert reference architectures into first implementations
- You will persuade a cross functional group of peers to adopt proposed solutions and allocate resources accordingly
- Your role will evolve over time into Engineering management
Most importantly you must have the depth of knowledge, experience, and passion to deliver solutions that amaze our users and leaders.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Engineering and Product management
- Ability to influence outcomes across loosely coupled teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
- Diverse and deep experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using languages such as Java or Node
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies
- You are very experienced in hierarchical and distributed code repository management tools like GIT
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
- Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
- You can present and explain technical efforts at multiple levels of detail
- You are an excellent communicator
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.