Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
In Converse Global
Operations we strive to excel in maximizing our Service level and Quality while
optimizing our Inventory and Costs. We believe this is possible by investing in
the right Talent and building a strong leadership bench.
As the Converse Senior Director of North America Operations, you will develop and communicate Operations planning and management strategies in support of monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal goals and other supply chain changes for the quickly evolving needs of the NA marketplace. You will partner with North America cross functional leaders, in addition to Operations counterparts around the globe, in understanding and communicating the future vision for the NA geography and actions that need to be taken to support business strategies.
This role will report to the Converse Vice President of Global Operations (COO), and will lead a team comprised of Demand Planning and Inventory Management, Logistics Operations and Warehouse Operations across the US and Canada, and an overall team of approximately 350.
- Provide business and team leadership for Operations function for Converse North America (NA) geography business unit. Provide cross-functional leadership for the broader NA leadership team in support of accelerating growth and driving a balanced marketplace strategy.
- Build and influence strategies to drive Service, Cost, Quality and Inventory improvements in support of revenue and margin goals for the geography.
- Drive alignment of strategies and execution across all channels of business, including the evolution of the NA marketplace in the Ecommerce and direct-to-consumer spaces.
- Develop and manage high performing teams responsible for all aspects of Operations: Demand Planning & Inventory Management, Logistics and Fulfillment, DTC operations and customer operations.
- Drive a balanced approach to near-team goals (Win Now) while relentlessly focusing on longer term strategies (Creating the Future) to maintain a “Pull” marketplace and to grow the marketplace.
- Coach and develop a leadership bench that can act as the leadership pipeline of future Operations leaders for Converse and Nike.
- Engage in Converse and Nike global forums to influence cross-functional peers and develop best practices that can be applied to improve Converse business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field required.
- Minimum of 12+ years’ work experience in a Supply Chain related environment (footwear and/or direct to consumer experience preferred), including in a regional or global capacity.
- Advanced leadership, and people management skills. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to interact effectively across functions and cultures.
- Ability to critically analyze information & systems, creative problem-solving skills & strategically plan complex organizational & functional interactions. Ability to manage multiple and changing processes and priorities.
- Coordinate multiple and conflicting demands. Ability to meet deadlines. Organized and detail oriented. Ability to work with ambiguity and try new solutions to existing or new problems.
- Must have the ability to understand, design, & coordinate the implementation of new processes and systems.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.