Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
What is Customer Success Engineering?
This newly built team will focus on ensuring our customers’ success in choosing and using Enterprise Architecture and Platform’s products and services.
Here are some information and initial items that fall into CSE's scope:
- Global presence in all of Global Technologies development locations.
- Provide local mentorship, consulting, support, and embedding when vital to ensure customers succeed in choosing and using Enterprise Platform’s products.
- Develop reference solutions to “dog food” our products, which will serve as examples for our customers to use.
- Provide feedback for our platform teams.
- Be a direct feedback mechanism and voice of our customers in the field.
As a Principal Software Engineer for the Customer Success Engineering team, you will elevate the teams responsible for ensuring our customers’ success. You will elicit sophisticated technical requirements and use the Enterprise Architecture and Platform Portfolio to satisfy those requirements. This position will fill a technical leadership role for small teams (to start with) across the globe that will provide local, technical professional services for our customers.
The Enterprise Platform Portfolio has a wide range of capabilities from Data Streaming/Movement, Data Enrichment, Data Discovery, Data Analytics, AI/ML to Workflow, Business Rules and Digital Asset Management.
We are looking for strong engineers that have the breadth and depth of technical knowledge and abilities to service all of our customers in those domains.Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical direction on software and integration projects.
- Offer hands-on mentorship to a team of software engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and document team processes and best practices.
- Provide technical leadership for engineers to provide reference solutions using Enterprise Architecture and Platform’s products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Provide technical and user experience feedback, as the voice of our customers, for our platform development teams.
- Act as liaison to the organization’s technology leadership layer. Communicate customer requirements/constraints etc.
- Work with platform teams to ensure the appropriate components are in place across the Enterprise Platform ecosystem to satisfy our customer solution needs.
- Work with the broader organization to identify opportunities and risks in ongoing projects.
- Work with teams to push for automation of development and deployment tasks.
- Contribute to Enterprise Platform development and/or possible dependencies (open-source projects, e.g.) including, but not limited to: bug fixes, improvements or features.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of industry and software development experience.
- Experience building solutions in multiple programming languages such as: Java, Python, Golang, or Node.js
- Expertise with cloud architecture and technologies: Amazon Web Services (primarily), Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Expertise with cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, etc.
- Expertise with securing RESTful APIs and Apps using OAuth, OpenID Connect, and JWT a plus.
- Expertise with distributed code repositories, CICD Pipelines and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with data/event streaming technologies like Kafka and Nifi are a bonus.
- Proven understanding of Scrum and Agile principles is desired.
- Experience working with global teams, in particular with teams located in Beaverton (WHQ) Poland (PCC), India (ICC) and China (GC).
- Must possess Customer Service approach.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.