Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
We’re looking for a Global Manager of Finance and Strategy Communications who will help communicate Nike’s vision using the power of storytelling to engage employees in unique, authentic and compelling ways.
Reporting into Nike’s Corporate Communications team, the role works directly with Nike’s executive leadership across Global Finance, while working across key internal partners including Investor Relations, Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Strategy, Government Affairs and Legal.
The person in this role should be well-versed in communications, have excellent writing skills, experience in executing programming, and comfortable planning, sequencing, developing, distributing and measuring global communications. Experience in finanacial communications is a must. This role requires a strong communicator and collaborator, with experience working with a variety of partners.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The core focus of this role will be to manage internal and external communications for the Finance team to engage and encourage employees and drive a key external narrative for NIKE, Inc. You will work as part of a larger team that interacts with both the Executive Finance Leadership Team as well as Global NIKE employees who interact with the Finance & Strategy organization. Other responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop a wide range of communications content including newsletters, web content, presentations, video briefs, creative briefs, collateral, press releases, invites, HTML emails, status updates, etc
- Make strategic recommendations and insights to Sr. Leadership to improve communication processes and execution
- Drive development of key strategic deliverables through high-impact, executive level, presentations and marketing communication
- Support key strategic and executive level meetings to create compelling stories from complex financial and business data and insights
- Measure, evaluate and continuously improve effectiveness of programs/strategy
This person must be highly collaborative, a strong strategic and analytical problem solver, able to influence across Nike’s business with the ability to lead contending priorities. They should be proficient at working in a cross-functional team while engaging and advising leaders across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, communications, business, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in high-profile corporate communications, agency or print journalism experience in employee/internal and corporate communications preferred
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience using Campaign Monitor and content management systems preferred
- Experience in developing proactive, compelling and creative communications strategies
- Passion for creative storytelling
- Deep understanding of both evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.