Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
We’re looking for a Director, Marketing Science & Applied Analytics to lead a team of data science professionals to solve Jordan’s complex data challenges and opportunities. The candidate needs to a solid history of analytical team leadership, communication and building collaborative business partner relationships. This Director should have hands on experience working with real-world advanced analytics challenges and managing a complex portfolio and multiple partners in a fast paced, dynamic and matrixed team and business environment.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
We are looking for a leader to guide and manage all aspects of development and execution of sophisticated analytics insights and innovative solutions across the Jordan value stream. You will lead a team of data science professionals to solve Jordan’s complex data challenges and opportunities, while leading resources to ensure strategic and operational objectives are met. You will collaborate with Nike, Inc counterparts to ensure we are driving efficiencies and scale.
We will ask that you guide team plans and priorities in support of Jordan strategies and objectives to ensure the development of data insights and solutions that are differentiated, clear, defensible, actionable and impactful to the business. You will define and ensure application of best practices for end-to-end development and deployment, including fast, iterative experimentation and measurement. You will synthesize and package complex analyses, effectively deliver results and drive deeper data and customer knowledge across technical and non-technical audiences. You will partner to deliver insights across the full value chain inclusive of Product, Merchandising, Commercial, Direct, Marketing and Service. You will also build, manage, mentor, and inspire the team; managing performance, goals and development potentialWHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the Sr. Director of Jordan Consumer Science & Insights and you will build and lead a Consumer Science & Applied Analytics team. You will own relationships with diverse business partners to understand current and anticipate future customer and business needs, understand requirements and define relevant strategic questions and partner across other data science and other functional teams (such as Finance, Merchandising and Strategy) to help best utilize and accelerate data capabilities and insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Decision Science, Applied Math, Econometrics, Behavioral Science or other quantitative field. One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 6 yrs; Masters + 7 yrs; Associates + 9 yrs; High School + 10 yrs exp
- Advanced quantitative degree a plus
- 8-9 years in Data Science or Advanced Analytics via predictive or explanatory models and/or experimentation processes.
- Preferred experience includes collecting and analyzing data and driving insights to understand and shape customer experiences, merchandising, lifetime value, segmentation, digital marketing, ecommerce or other business outcomes
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated analytics topics, translate them into relevant conclusions/deliverables, and develop and deliver meaningful presentations, visualizations, and infographics
- Core mathematical ability to understand, utilize and innovate on state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations
- Deep understanding of very large data sources and industry best practice research methods and applied statistics, including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques in collecting and predicting consumer sentiment, behavior and feedback
- Expertise in excel, and at least one production-quality programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
- Experience working in a production environment with large data sets and tools including cloud architecture, version control, etc.
- Experience with agile development methodologies preferred
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors, and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed to accounts is strongly preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.