Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Director, Consumer Science & Insights. This leader will serve as “the voice of the Jordan consumer”, providing meaningful qualitative and quantitative data based insights. We need this individual to bring a strategic perspective on the consumer and their relationship to basketball culture, and to be a strong leader with deep expertise in driving insights, analytics and strategy. This role is initially an individual contributor, providing thought leadership for North America.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The Director of Consumer Science and Insights will work along the Sr. Director, Global Consumer Science and Insights for Jordan to set strategy, develop roadmaps and execute against plans and priorities to enable effective development and deployment of advanced analytics and consumer insights for Jordan North America. In this role, you'll work with Nike and Jordan teams to provide qualitative and quantitative consumer insights to make informed decisions on product, marketing and marketplace. You will work alongside analytics teams to develop models that help us deeply understand and describe our customers in order to drive consumer-focused business growth. You will own relationships with diverse business partners to understand current and anticipate future consumer and business needs is integral to the role.
Additionally, we will ask you to monitor the health of the Jordan Brand connection with consumers and connect the dots to generate holistic and relevant insights grounded in consumer connection and data. We will value your acuity as an indispensable partner to the Jordan North America Leadership Team, providing an objective perspective on the voice of the consumer and prioritizing opportunities for research and insights.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will sit within the centralized Analytics & Insights function and serve as the subject matter authority, reporting to the Sr. Director of Jordan Consumer Insights and Analytics, and serving as part of the Jordan North America Leadership team. You’ll collaborate with Digital Merchandising, Analytics and DSM leaders, to help that team build, deliver, & optimize a best-in-class end to end experience for Jordan consumers. You’ll also partner closely with cross-functional analytics team to create and implement scalable insights to drive consumer engagement and growth in North America.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 8+ years in Data Science, Advanced Analytics and/or Consumer Insights or relevant experience, preferably with a related college and/or Advanced degree
- Strong applied knowledge of marketing research to understand and craft customer experiences, merchandising, lifetime value, segmentation, digital marketing, ecommerce or other business outcomes
- Proficiency in SQL, or similar experience analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets
- Validated achievements in solving real-world advanced analytics challenges and leading a sophisticated portfolio and multiple partners in a fast paced, dynamic and matrixed team and business environment
- Ability to demystify measurement and translate data to consumable, relatable stories
- Proven track record collaborate and work with non-Analytics partners in a fast paced environment
- Good communication and influencing skills in order to drive the consumer’s needs and ensure an independent and unbiased voice in all conversations.
- Ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.