Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Brand Creative is the Art of Storytelling. We are the storytellers. We are the voice of Nike’s heart & soul. It's about telling powerful, meaningful stories across the entire brand ecosystem, leveraging all existing and new platforms to inspire, enable and engage athletes*, while driving brand distinction and business impact. We aim to make people feel and help them do sport on a daily basis.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As a Designer across the North America geography, based in the Nike Brand Creative Studio, your role will be required to lead projects working closely with both producers and narrators to deliver well-crafted and innovative creative. You will deliver work that aligns with both the Consumer Construct & Brand Defining strategy and North America Brand creative functional goals.
You will be a member of brand creative reporting into the NA Creative Director, working on the creative as part of a small team of designers. This candidate is passionate and connected to the creative industry—this ever-expanding knowledge, network and interest both encourage and drive their creative thinking! You will provide direction and support for Junior Designers. Your primary responsibilities will be to be the execution support for campaign work which would entail production, building presentations, preparing files, visual centers, file conversion, formatting, comping and support for Art Directors. Externally you will be responsible for working frequently with artists, illustrators, athletes and external creatives. You are a master executer when it comes to design and are familiar working across multiple mediums including art direction, moving image, graphic and special design. As part of our NA design team, you will deliver holistic design solution across all appropriate channels.
You will have a passion for creativity and are committed to staying up to date with current and future trends and technology!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
You will be using the Adobe Creative Suite along with presentations in Keynote, and executing against distribution and asset management protocols. As a Designer you will be asked to solve marketing problems that are outstanding, creative, original, innovative and are on groundbreaking. You will work closely with Creative Producers, Business Affairs, Brand Communications, Brand Marketing and Digital Designers to deliver work that answers our strategic needs. Your Design knowledge should extend into digital and social media channels as well as the emergent platforms, apps, software and entertainment platforms (gaming, movies, AR, VR, etc).
You will need to be able to communicate design concepts to various internal and external audiences. You'll manage design processes to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met. In addition, you'll provide ideas that influence, increase and improve Nike Brand Creative and initiate and drive "standard methodologies".
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
In strong collaboration with key partners and creative leadership within Brand Marketing, Consumer Direct Marketing, City teams, and the Consumer Construct team. You will align to the shape of season identifying gaps and opportunities to serve the consumer in a better and more personal way, and at the same time improve the business opportunities. The shape of your day-to-day responsibilities will vary significantly, and therefore your style and influence will have to adapt accordingly. But at all times it must be collaborative and intuitive, seeking new and innovative ways to improve the efficiency of individual as well as collective thinking. Finally, you will also partner with the experience and retail teams to make sure that the campaign is pulled together in a holistic way across all the consumer touchpoints.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Absolute respect, proactivity and deep appreciation for diversity and equality in the workplace. You must embody Nike’s culture and embrace the maxims that it stands for.
- A minimum of 2 years+ creative experience in art direction and design, with ideally a strong focus on consumer brands.
- Great human and confidence in your skills that enable you and your team to flourish. This includes a proven ability to listen and empower the team rather than diminish it.
- Proven outstanding ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, art direction, visual presentation development and layout
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate brand excellence, with a comprehensive knowledge of design processes.
- Experience directing photography (talent and product), illustration, and teams of designers (internal and external).
- Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and in graphic design, fashion, and athletics specifically.
- Advanced knowledge of design computer software.
- Ability to travel 30% within North America.
- You must have significant consumer knowledge in WHQ.
- You will have technical knowledge when it comes to digital and innovative brand practices.
- Experience of collaborating effectively with other functions, departments and external partners – the ability to embrace other key workstreams
- Great sense of judgment and decision-making. Emotionally intelligent with a growth mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication & relationship management skills
- Experience working in and passionate about sport, the sports lifestyle and the culture around it
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.