Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
A newly crafted position on the Converse North America Digital (ecommerce) team, the Director, CRM & Digital Commerce Growth will lead the development and execution of strategies to increase customer retention, loyalty, and lifetime value. Converse is making significant investments in customer insights and marketing tools to achieve these goals; your job will be to harness our growing capabilities to identify the right customer segments to target, develop personalized marketing campaigns and end-to-end customer experiences for them, and drive material increases in acquisition, retention and revenue. This position reports to the GM of Digital Commerce, North AmericaKey Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all Converse Direct Digital community-based marketing programs (email, SMS), expansive of converse.com and Converse Stores
- Use customer information and insights to evolve the Converse end-to-end digital customer experience in ways that increase customer intimacy, enhance the brand, and improve dedication across Direct channels
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop digital growth opportunities in both owned and paid programs – including acquisition, media & partner opportunities
- Develop business cases and strategies for new programs, potentially including referral marketing, loyalty, cross-channel marketing and services, etc.
- Drive continued subscriber/community growth through effective lead-generation programs and churn-mitigation strategies
- Drive omni-channel approach to communication with an eye on overall consumer metrics
- Develop a comprehensive email/SMS marketing program encompassing:
- Merchandise and calendar-driven campaigns
- Customer segment-focused campaigns
- Automated and triggered marketing
- Define campaign objectives, continuously test practices, measure results, and pursue improvement opportunities
- Regularly assess Converse customer file metrics, see opportunities to improve retention and lifetime value, and design/execute marketing programs that achieve those goals
- Build programs that increase the depth and value of information Converse has about its customers
- Ensure campaign content/messages increase customer happiness and loyalty, are aligned to Converse merchandise and brand strategies, and achieve business objectives
- Define new customer/marketing analysis requirements and work with data science/analytics colleagues to build new business intelligence reporting and tools
- Perform duties working in close collaboration with colleagues in Acquisition Marketing, Merchandising, Analytics, Brand/Creative, Site/Customer Experience, Product Management, Retail, and Technology
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role at a consumer brand or retailer
- Shown understanding of digital commerce, stores businesses and omni-channel planning, including solid understanding of media, product, buying, site merchandising – ability to cross-functionally partner to drive value
- Proficiency in RFM segmentation, customer lifetime value analysis, digital marketing performance measurement, ROI analysis
- Proficiency in using and executing predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to drive marketing strategies and programs – with the support of analytics team
- Proven experience and knowledge of best practices in email/SMS marketing, customer experience personalization, and automated customer journey design
- Familiarity with leading martech and ecommerce technologies helpful (e.g., Salesforce, leading email/SMS platforms, Customer Data Platforms, predictive modeling applications, Tableau)
- Proven experience leading a hard-working team, working in a matrixed, cross-functional organization
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills – especially as it relates to the presentation of analytically-driven business and customer insights to increase others’ understanding and appreciation of business goals
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.