Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced attorney to join our growing Legal team as Assistant General Counsel, Retail & Real Estate within the Global Marketplace group. As with other industry leaders, all aspects of NIKE’s business are powered by direct physical and digital relationships with consumers as well as cutting edge office, warehouse and distribution facilities to support and fuel our workforce. In this role, you will support NIKE’s global direct to consumer retail strategy, including real estate, operational and construction matters, as well as support NIKE’s Global WD+C (Workplace Design + Connectivity) and Geo team with respect to non-retail real estate and construction matters.What will you work on
As Assistant General Counsel, you will draft and create global templates and agreements in service of the NIKE geographies, guide and advise re retail, real estate and construction strategy, and interact with cross-functional legal teams involved with retail and wholesale distribution of products and serving consumers around the world.
In addition to handling the legal work on new and existing business models, you will advise and counsel NIKE business leaders on a wide-range of legal, compliance and process issues associated with NIKE’s global one marketplace strategy and providing analysis of legal risks.Who will you work with
Under the supervision of our Senior Counsel, you will: collaborate with other retail, real estate and digital lawyers across the globe; advise NIKE business leaders directly; and create and implement solutions structured to efficiently achieve business objectives efficiently.
- Juris Doctorate degree or international equivalent
- Member, in good standing, of at least one US State Bar and willingness to meet the requirements of membership in the Oregon State Bar through in-house counsel, reciprocity, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of relative professional work experience
- Retail, real estate and construction experience, including commercial contract and lease negotiation.
- Proven experience representing corporations in retail, commercial transactions and general business law
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Bias for action and ability to work independently within a multinational organization
- Results driven and proven experience leading strategic projects
- International experience and fluency in other languages are a plus
- Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks, and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- Publicly held, Fortune-500, multi-national company experience preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.