Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are seeking a leader to join Nike's Global Technology organization as a User Experience Design Director to help us drive digital transformation within the Technical Product Management (TPM) organization for Nike’s demand and supply management capabilities. This individual will direct and lead all aspects of the User Experience, User Interfaces, and Visual Design for specific workstreams and products within the TPM organization.
As part of TPM, you will help drive next-generation analytics-driven technology solutions, and platforms that will bring Nike's visionary designs for our internal employees to better serve our consumers in an ever-changing global marketplace through machine learning and advanced analytics! You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of UX/UI designers, design directors, product managers, planners, engineers, and data scientists. Specializing in human centered design, your role will be to create a cohesive design strategy, help grow the design team, scale our design thinking practice, influence roadmap decisions, and ultimately improve the user experience of our products. You will come to understand the role and workflow of your business partners, their systems, resources, and toolsets. As a natural leader, you will have the desire and commitment to mentor and support the design team. You take a hands-on approach when needed to get your vision and ideas across to inspire and inform your team and stakeholders while keeping the bar for quality high. We partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure decisions for product roadmaps are made. You will oversee planning and execution of end to end UX design in your respective domain. We also partner and collaborate with design leaders across Nike to bring best practices for user experience design in Global Technology.What you will work on
- Evangelize the human-centered design processes and specific methodologies
- Own the User Experience vision, strategy, and philosophy for your area
- Partner with cross-functional team of product managers, business users, designers, and engineers to define and prioritize features supporting business priorities and outcomes
- Oversee design efforts for projects, assign work to the team, and approve for Creative Review
- Build, mentor, and inspire a team of UX/UI designers by providing vision and direction
- Build, evolve and scale UX processes, standards, and tools
- Lead prioritization of UX features and deliverables by working with cross-functional teams
- Facilitate design thinking workshops, working with multiple stakeholders to drive empathy for the user, and identify ways to address unmet needs and create delight
- Use data and insights to envision the future of Nike products and experiences
- Contribute to, maintain, and help evolve Nike's design system and product design language (UI components and patterns, iconography, assets, etc.)
This role would report into the Design function of the TPM organization within Global Technology.What you bring
The ideal candidate will have experience leading and mentoring other Designers with an extensive background in designing and building end to end technology solutions.Skills:
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design from conceptual thinking to visual design
- Excellent communication skills to engage with users, engineers, product partners, and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills
- Highly developed empathy, curiosity, and imagination
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Experience working within a team to build and maintain a Design System
- Experience in roadmap planning for Design and partnering with Product to ensure user needs are met
- Ability to translate complex problems into simple solutions
- 10+ years of direct UX/UI experience, agency, in-house, or start-up design experience and interactive work
- Ability to build a highly effective team by attracting and retaining top industry talent
- Experience leading and mentoring multiple designers on large-scale projects
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, art direction, or a related field
- Experience with modern design productivity, workflow, and research tools (Figma, Jira, Slack, Miro, Asana, Adobe C, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, Pendo, etc.)
- Experience with design-thinking tools, practices, and processes
- Experience working in Enterprise UX
- Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc.
- Industry experience in retail, supply-chain operations, financial or demand planning
- Strong interaction design skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.