Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced communications manager who has a truly diverse communications skillset to join our Consumer and Marketplace Communications team in Beaverton, Oregon.
As the Manager, Retail Concepts and Experiences Communications, you will be responsible for developing and driving breakthrough communications strategies that align with NIKE Inc’s business strategies as well as the vision, priorities and narratives set by Global Communications.
THE CANDIDATE NEEDS TO HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong ability to execute, with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage complex information and situations, including reputational and issues management
- Deep understanding of both the evolving consumer communications environment and the digital landscape
- Experience in creating editorial content and overall narrative development
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Reporting to the Director, Global Retail Concepts and Experiences Communications, your role will involve:
- Driving and executing a global communications vision and strategy – with a sharp focus on narrative – aligned to the priorities and narrative as set by Global Communications and to NIKE Inc’s business strategy.
- Leading narrative storytelling for Retail Concepts, Services and Experiences – inclusive of Value Marketplace – which will support NIKE, Inc.’s Global Narrative, including both foundational storytelling as well as the development of new storylines and creative ways to share our narrative with key audiences, including media, consumers, investors and employees.
- Aligning the Retail Concepts strategy across Nike’s Global Communications function, including across Consumer and Marketplace, Nike’s four Geographic Business Units and other key partners, such as Strategy, Investor Relations, Privacy, Legal, Jordan (NSP) and Converse brands and others.
- Managing company reputation and issues for our retail business, including creating company statements and messaging. This requires a high degree of collaboration across multiple partners and functions, including Legal, Privacy, HR, and Geography Business Units.
- Supporting executive communications in alignment with Nike’s Executive Communications strategy, which requires a skilled influencer who can determine appropriate executive communications opportunities, message development and scriptwriting, executive prep and training, development of briefs and assets, programming, etc.
- Leading employee communications to engage and inspire our teams across NDSS and Value Marketplace as well as Consumer Marketplace and the Enterprise. This includes content development of leader communications, quarterly communications, employee engagement programming, editorial, organizational announcements, etc.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The Retail Concepts and Experiences Communications Manager is part of Nike’s Global Communications function, whose vision is to use our collective voice to inspire the world to fall in love with sport through Nike.
To help bring this vision to life, you will design communications to engage and inspire external audiences (media, retail partners, consumers, investors, industry associations) and NIKE Inc’s employees. Your role will involve collaborating with Nike’s Global Communications function, including across Consumer and Marketplace, Nike’s four Geographic Business Units and other key partners, such as Strategy, Investor Relations, Privacy, Legal, Jordan (NSP) and Converse brands and others to align and execute the Retail Concepts strategy.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, PR, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in high profile corporate, agency, and/ or public relations roles supporting global brands with a strong focus on culture and sport
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Experience designing and executing external and employee focused internal communication across physical and digital platforms
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and how to design communications strategies to drive impact and engagement
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English required
- Proficient with messaging and materials development - particularly adept at writing, flexible in various formats
- Proven cultural acuity and ability to work within different cultural practices and customs
- Strategic and results oriented
- Comfortable trying new approaches and exhibiting strong professional agility
- Passion for using communications to build a strong employee culture
- Background and experience working in the retail or apparel industry is beneficial but not essential
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.