Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Strategy Manager who will collaborate with senior leadership to develop and execute Converse’s global long-term strategy, management to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities, and to catalyze action against these priorities. Strategy Managers also serve as critical thought partners to senior leaders to help drive tangible growth and galvanize our teams!
We are looking for multiple managers to join our Converse Strategy team across Brand Strategy, Product Strategy, and Marketplace Strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your authentic self to Converse!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for driving Converse’s long-term growth strategy forward. Working on cross-functional project teams, you'll support general management in identifying and evaluating critical priorities and/or strategic problems that ultimately lead to critical action. You'll provide research and analytical support as part of a cross-functional team to identify and evaluate critical strategic opportunities. You’ll bring all these components together in the annual strategic planning process.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be supporting senior leadership within in a cross-functional environment closely collaborating with the following:
- Converse Senior Leadership Team including
- Converse Strategy and Nike Strategy partners including Brand and Product, and Enterprise Strategy
- Converse Global Functions and Geography teams
- Finance and HR
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of corporate development, corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business development, investment banking, or related experience
- Or 4+ years' total experience with an MBA / Master's degree
- Or 7+ years' total experience in lieu of a degree
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Experience conducting and/or analyzing research related to consumers, industries, and competitors
- Shown problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills with experience running multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and influence across a cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Shown experience with presenting and influencing senior leadership, maximizing excellent written and oral communication skills
- Apparel/footwear, retail, merchandising, digital commerce, digital services, and/or experience in consumer-facing industries and shown understanding of the competitive landscape / retail marketplace preferred
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.