Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Who we’re looking for
As the head coach, you direct creative initiatives across the enterprise and are responsible for the team’s delivery of design milestones and functional deliverables. Everyone sees you as a thought partner who can help guide the vision for the business. You have a presence in the design industry and your high-level view of the work helps you give insights others can’t. You build a nurturing environment where different perspectives are valued and teammates are encouraged to grow and develop.
Who you’ll work with
The S23NYC Team is responsible for the UX and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible brand experience across SNKRS, Launch, community and content experiences – defining how Nike connects with sneaker consumers and engages them through community and content across Nike’s digital ecosystem. As the key leader of this team, you’ll report into the Vice President of Nike Digital Product Design.
What your responsibilities will be
- Running a large, well-rounded team of design managers (can include directors) and ICs across multiple, broad initiatives
- Defining and prioritizing the problems being pursued, approach to initiatives, and coordinating the efforts of multiple design teams, the broader organization, and often Nike as a whole
- Leading the overall vision, execution, culture, process and results of your product areas and the Nike Digital Product Design org
- Demonstrating that diverse and inclusive teams are important to the success of Nike and actively building them
- Setting the career development strategy, cadence and template for managers and designers
- Managing resources (across the entire product area) to meet business objectives and ensuring cross-functional product teams are set up for success
- Building a cohesive leadership team that drives the goals and success of the organization
- Sourcing, attracting and retaining diverse key and senior talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Representing Nike Digital Product Design internally throughout the company and externally to the design industry by sharing your passion/skills/expertise
- Identifying, owning and successfully driving substantial Nike Digital Product Design org-wide initiatives that improve its caliber, efficiency and build a more positive work culture
What you bring to Nike
- 15+ years of proven experience in the design industry
- 4+ years of proven experience leading a large digital product design team
- A bachelor’s degree in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience managing managers and growing careers for seasoned designers
- Can shape the look and feel of an experience based on your vision and taste
- Can identify great design and provide relevant critiques of discrepancies/opportunities in the team's work
- Can influence executives and drive broad-scale initiatives to completion by constantly thinking beyond current organizational needs
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Ability to actively connect business leaders, design leaders and partners —empowering them to work together toward aligned outcomes
- Ability to use quality standards and available data to hold self/others accountable for examining decisions
- Able to define and clearly articulate vision and strategy to leadership
- Thinks and acts "big picture”
- Ability to speak to technical constraints, data science, experimentation, product, brand, business and strategy — connecting across disciplines to cultivate collaboration between teams
- Have successfully led and launched multiple large scale cross-platform design projects (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Inspirational and masterful storyteller and communicator who can deliver a vision and a path forward
- Ability to champion a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion
- Love for the Nike brand, sports and for crafting high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a professional understanding of digital tools and trends
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.