Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM
As the Director of Experimentation Engineering, you will lead the rollout, deployment, and adoption of experimentation and personalization platform. Lead and build positive relationships with strategic partners to influence product roadmaps and influence the efficient usage of marketing capabilities.
This is a key capability central to Nike’s consumer-direct acceleration strategy to drive daily engagement, member retention, and growth for Nike Direct business! This role will lead across the enterprise as we reset our technical strategy and engage with strategic partners to accelerate the roadmap.
You will be a forward-thinking technology leader with a keen business sense and experience in bringing experimentation and personalization capabilities to life with strategic partners. Lead x-functional teams of engineers, technical product & program managers. You will influence the strategy end-to-end across technology and partner closely with a shared enterprise data and analytics group. You will partner with Marketing Product peers and Business Leaders to craft the digital systems of the future.
You will guide the team within a matrixed environment to continually improve upon its ability to deliver fast, reliably, at a global scale, with security, and to the delight of our consumers.
- Lead engineering teams as we continue to scale, and build a high-performance, elite engineering organization
- Partner with leadership to develop a technology strategy that enables our products and user experiences to be more data-driven, experimental, and deeply personalized.
- Transform (build/buy/recommend) our technology stack for experimentation and personalization with an eye towards consumer experience and registration growth
- Be an advocate for our users, and drive innovation in the consumer experience of everyday athletes.
- Provide hardworking, innovative and inspiring leadership and support for our data and content engineering organization
- Connect an obsession with the consumer to data-driven decision-making and the need for an elite experimentation platform
- Recruit strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution perfection, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 7+ years of software development experience, including data engineering or analytics space.
- You have 5+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in business or engineering preferred
- Experience in the technology stack including Java, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, AWS.
- Professional in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Django, Flask, Bottle, etc. depending on your technology stack).
- Experience designing/developing web applications and APIs.
- Experience in designing and implementing UI and UX
- Stronghold on Data Structure & Algorithms.
- Skilled in both hands-on development and architectural design.
- Experience designing and implementing Rest API and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of design patterns and coding standard methodologies
- Experience with and understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques and standard methodologies
- Proficiency with source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business partners on technical projects
- Hands on experience experimentation and A/B testing platforms like Adobe Target, Optimizely etc. and analytics platforms like Adobe Analytics.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.