Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
We are seeking a senior Financial Communications professional to join Nike’s Global Communications team. The role works with Nike’s leadership across Global Finance, while working across key internal partners including Investor Relations, Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Government Affairs and Legal.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The core focus of this role will be to develop and lead aspects of the internal and external communications strategy for Nike Global Finance to engage and encourage employees and drive a key external narrative for NIKE, Inc. The Director of Finance and Strategy Communications will support the following efforts:
- Counseling and supporting senior executives across, but not limited to; preparation of quarterly conference materials, scripts, releases, shareholder communications, investor days, investor briefings, key disclosures, Environmental & Social Governance and industry positioning.
- Communicating on complex and sophisticated issues, partner engagement, finance and business communications, corporate governance and public affairs.
This person must be highly collaborative, a strong strategic and analytical problem solver, able to influence across Nike’s business with the ability to lead contending priorities. They should be proficient at working in a cross-functional team while engaging and advising leaders across the business.
This role requires an outstanding communications professional with experience in Earnings, Investor Relations and Media Relations. Experience in corporate communications, preferably working for a large consumer brand and/or communications agency are essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communication, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience of 10+ years.
- Excellent communications planning, writing and editing skills combined with speed, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures.
- Strong media relations background & financial media relationships.
- Experience in corporate communications or public relations roles supporting globally branded organizations, extensive experience in employee communications preferred with a focus on digital.
- Ability to cut through complexity to find solutions and approaches for impact.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills; ability to influence others to take action.
- Experience working with high profile consumer brands is preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.