Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for a Senior Product Design Director to build and lead the Design function for Nike.Partners, Nike’s B2B eCommerce and collaboration platform. You are a leader, innovator, and collaborator. You have a steadfast aim to understand and deliver value to customers, and simultaneously can’t resist inventing and forging a path toward a future that others don’t always see until you create the vision. You have a track record of empowering product teams, inspiring others, and navigating large organizations to allow entrepreneurial thinking to thrive.What you will work on
If this is you, you will join the Nike.Partners leadership team as we transform how Nike interacts with our marketplace partners. We are investing in Design as a critical capability for the future, and we need you to hire and establish the team and apply your expertise working in empowered product teams to deliver premium experiences. You will establish standard methodologies and develop others to be their best by coaching and creating a culture of listening, learning, and valuing diversity of opinion. You will lead by example to obsess customer experience and seek ways to remove friction and improve Nike’s business across the globe, engaging with the team as we prototype, learn, and iterate before scaling solutions that drive business outcomes.Who you will work with
The Nike.Partners Team owns and is responsible for developing the future Nike.Partners B2B platform for our global marketplace. As a member of the Nike.Partners leadership team, you will collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering and Nike.Partners Excellence Senior Directors and their respective teams, as well as external customers and internal partners. You will lead and grow the Design team as an independent function within the Nike.Partners Digital Product org.
In addition, Nike is a large organization and significant value will be created as you connect with various functions and specialists across the company – in particular, establishing a strong working relationship with Nike Digital Product Design and Technical Product Experience Design will be important. You will report to the Head of Product for Nike.Partners, and also hold a role on the broader Partner Go-To-Market leadership team.What your responsibilities will be
- Leading and running a growing team of Design Managers across multiple, broad initiatives
- Instilling a culture of learning, prototyping, and testing, embedding Design thinking in everything we do across the full end-to-end customer journey
- Defining and prioritizing the problems being taken on and approach to initiatives, as well as coordinating the efforts of multiple designers, the broader organization, and often Nike as a whole
- Being responsible for the overall vision, execution, culture, process and results of the Nike.Partners Product Design org
- Demonstrating that diverse and broad teams are important to the success of Nike and actively building them
- Leading career development strategy, cadence and template for managers and designers, demonstrating Nike guidance and standard methodologies
- Handling resources (across the entire product area) to meet goals and ensuring cross-functional product teams are setup for success
- Building a cohesive Design team that drives the goals and success of the organization
- Sourcing, attracting and retaining diverse key talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Representing Nike.Partners Product Design internally throughout the company and externally to the design industry by sharing your passion/skills/expertise
- Identifying, owning and successfully driving substantial Nike.Partners Product Design org-wide initiatives that improve its caliber, efficiency and create a more positive work culture
- 15+ years of validated experience in the design industry in and around various product design fields (user experience/interaction design, visual design, and research)
- 4+ years of proven experience leading a large digital product design team
- A digital-first attitude with an obsession for removing friction and bottlenecks through digital transformation
- A bachelor’s degree in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience in e-commerce with first-hand knowledge of UX standard methodologies and patterns with B2B ecommerce sites and/or online retail sites
- Experience managing managers and growing careers for seasoned designers
- Can shape the look and feel of an experience based on your vision and taste
- Can identify great design and provide relevant critiques of discrepancies/opportunities in the team's work
- Can influence executives and drive broad-scale initiatives to completion by constantly thinking beyond current organizational needs
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Ability to actively connect business leaders, design leaders and partners — empowering them to work together toward aligned outcomes
- Ability to use quality standards and available data to hold self/others accountable for examining decisions
- Able to define and clearly articulate vision and strategy to leadership
- Thinks and acts "big picture”
- Ability to speak to technical constraints, data science, experimentation, product, brand, business and strategy — connecting across disciplines to cultivate collaboration between teams
- Have successfully led and launched multiple large scale cross-platform design projects
- Inspirational and masterful storyteller and communicator who can deliver a vision and a path forward
- Ability to foster a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a specialist in understanding of digital tools and trends
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.