Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike’s Technology Innovation Office (TIO) is focused on unleashing the power of technology, innovation, and talent to Deliver Revolutionary Technology Innovation Products and Services. Embedded in Nike’s Global Technology team, the Technology Innovation Office works across all of Nike and weaves together business and technology dreams, supports world-class products and innovation, and relentlessly delivers new capabilities to achieve Nike’s long term vision and strategies.
As a TIO Principal Application Innovation Engineer, you will use your strong development, engineering, and innovation skills to develop rapid end-to-end application proof of concepts, prototypes, and production software and device solutions. You will partner with world class internal Nike teams to leverage their decades of experience and knowledge to ideate, define, and deliver technology innovation solutions for use within Nike, as part of existing Nike products, and for new lines of business.
- Bias for action: Design and deliver rapid end-to-end proof of concepts, prototypes, and production software and device solutions
- Win as a team: Develop solutions independently and together with distributed sprint teams, using modern software development and agile methodologies
- Innovation Culture: Demonstrate Technology Innovation best practices and thought leadership
- Dive deep: Leverage the latest technology innovations to constantly invent and simplify -- raise the bar
What We’re Looking For
- Bring a minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering roles
- At least 5 years of experience with modern or high-level programming languages, such as Node.js, Golang, or Rust, Python.
- At least 5 years of experience in cloud environments, preferably AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure. Experience using DevOps tools, such as Terraform, to manage cloud infrastructure, and experience managing IoT/edge deployments is a big plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in one a mobile/web application development environment such as, iOS, Android, React Native, or equivalent.
- Deep experience with modern development and build strategies such as microservices, containers, lambdas, continuous integration and delivery, unit testing, static analysis, automated integration tests, refactoring, etc
- Experience working on technology innovation projects with high degrees of ambiguity
- Strong communication and team leadership skills, and the ability to reduce ambiguity into clear agile, execution
- DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, Data and ML pipelines, Container orchestration / Kubernetes a big plus
- AI/ML development experience: Sagemaker, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc. is a big plus
- Security and privacy experience is a big plus
Multiple positions open
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.