Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
The Jordan Sr Director – Art Direction, leads multiple Art Directors and a team of multi-disciplinary designers across numerous projects, to deliver well-crafted and innovative creative vision. They drive visual and design excellence and partnership, ensuring that the team delivers holistic creative against the seasonal strategy. They are an experienced people manager who mentors art directors and designers and builds opportunities for individual development, performance management, recognition and rewards. This leader will execute the creative vision for Jordan Brand initiatives through Art Direction in a way that supports premium Jordan Brand consumer experiences, and the Jordan Design ethos. This person will also elevate the consumer experience through outstanding brand appearance of product, athlete and entertainer storytelling, communications, collateral materials, digital design on .com, social media, app, email and retail design worldwide. Encouraging and leading innovative thinking, collaboration, and partnership!WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead the Art Direction team, providing leadership, inspiration, mentorship, support and direction. Encourage excellence, ambition, and team spirit.
- Work strategically to drive brand awareness and deliver strong engagement through creative results.
- Deliver outstanding photography, video content, retail design and experience, digital design and experience in service of the categories, consumers, and culture.
- Obsess the nuances of digital design across our entire ecosystem—at times, working between marketing, design, and product teams
- Work with the Jordan Brand Creative Director to develop the strategy, concept and visual direction.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with photographers, filmmakers, artists, illustrators, designers, and their agents for editorial creative, working strategically with other leads in the business to ensure the strongest approach to external talent.
- Keep up to date with Basketball culture at large, emerging trends in fashion, urban culture, design, film, art, media, social media and technology as relevant to Jordan and the design team.
- Collaborate with styling, marketing, tech, retail, photography and editorial to lead teams through creative concept process and projects.
- Ensure all projects are well-planned, creatively extraordinary, and delivered timely.
- Identify needs for training and development, coaching and mentoring.
- Review project work for highest standards of quality, consistency, accuracy and successful completion.
- Collaborate with the larger Jordan Design team to evaluate the creative process and continually improve it.
You will report directly to the Jordan Chief Design Officer, and will partner with the Jordan Brand Creative Director, as well as your Brand Creative Studio teammates, Consumer Direct Marketing (Digital/Retail/Services), Merchandising, Global Styling, Global and Geo Brand Marketing teams, and Global Jordan Design Studio. You will lead ~8-10 designers, including people managers.
- 10+ years leading concept, design and art direction in a branded content, agency, editorial or marketing environment.
- A passion for the Athlete*, and a special focus on Basketball culture
- A strong knowledge of capturing sport performance (especially Basketball)
- Ability to create seasonal concepts, and provide the team with both short and long term vision
- Experience building inspiration/concept presentations, and mood boards for seasonal concepts and direction
- Presentation/Communication style: Clear, Concise, and Thoughtful (strong verbal and written skills). Ability to present new ideas or seasonal concepts to small and large groups, including addressing executive leaders, and external partners or customers.
- Contributes strategically to the business component of Jordan Design. Provides ideas that influence, increase and enhance the team and brand.
- Leads as a strategic creative partner to cross-category partners in Brand Marketing
- Phenomenal people-manager and mentor, with a knack and passion for helping everyone on the team—especially senior-level and entrepreneurial talent—to grow, improve, succeed, and advance toward collective and individual goals.
- Substantial experience in commissioning and directing design, photography, and moving image in digital and experience environments.
- Strong relationships with relevant freelance photographers, directors, artists, stylists, etc.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Depth of experience across digital, print, and experiential design, with a solid understanding of content platforms.
- Highly proficient in image creation, design, typography, and retouching using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Astute attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills.
- Experience leading a design studio and talent across various locations preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.