Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As our Finance Director, focused on the North America Distribution Center Network you will be responsible for leading the short- and long-term financial strategies overseeing the network operations. You will partner with the Operations Senior Leadership team and provide mentorship on initiatives critical to the organization's success. This role will require presence on the "floor" to fully understand the operations and to ensure your mentorship is respected within the operations community. This role will be the primary financial conduit to the North America Supply Chain Leadership based in Beaverton, Oregon. Key functions of this critical role include:
- Accountable for end-to-end financial processes (budgeting, forecasting, actual reporting, variance analysis, etc.) for all distribution centers across the network.
- Accountable for sourcing and procurement contracts (landscaping, cleaning, material handling equipment, facility projects, etc.) and procurement / management of distribution center operating supplies.
- Partner with cross functional teams to lead strategy and perform financial validation of key initiatives and optimize costs/CPU.
- Responsible for workload balancing of the team and accountable to address identified barriers, critical issues and resolve any network level partner concerns.
- Leadership of finance and procurement teams with specific focus on prioritization, professional development, and driving continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with emphasis in finance and accounting.
- Ten years’ experience in financial analysis, financial planning, accounting, and budgeting.
- Seven years’ experience with a Fortune 500/multi-national consumer products company is a plus.
- Five years of people management and leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of planning, budgeting, investment analysis and economic profit analysis.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team, business partners and external resources.
- Strong understanding of cross-team partnership.
- Strong team leadership capabilities to mentor, empower and encourage your team to grow themselves, grow others and grow the business
- Proven track record to operate successfully in ambiguity situations and drive clarity while leading multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism.
- MBA (Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field), CMA or CPA is preferred.
- Previous operational experience is preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.