Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. Our Controlling function is at the heart of this mission through maintaining strong internal controls, providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to internal and external partners, and ultimately delivering expert business partnership to drive profitable growth.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR We’re looking for someone who will play a key role in helping Converse build positive relationships with a variety functional partners throughout our supply chain. As the North America Wholesale Innovation & Supply Chain Controlling (I&SCC) Accounting Manager, you will drive collaborative relationships with business partners to analyze and understand inventory and integrated marketplace conditions to deliver informed accounting decisions, ensure financial statement accuracy and optimize financial controls integral in our supply chain. WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop working relationships throughout the Converse supply chain organization in order to facilitate information sharing between the business partners and Controlling.
- Calculate and communicate within the organization potential adjustments to the Net Realizable Value of our inventory.
- Understand inventory levels and formally communicate narratives to leadership quarterly and also on an ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Review inventory validation procedures at our distribution centers.
- Support accounting processes and effective internal controls surrounding our inventory, including the treatment of accounting implications associated with various business strategies.
- Work closely with Financial planning to understand financial statement impact of business decisions taken and provide informed accounting guidance to our partners. Be a thought partner to the organization and educate teams on accounting impacts.
- Perform research and draft technical accounting memos on complex accounting issues and decisions taken; provide consultation advice to business partners based on accounting conclusions.
You will report to the Director of Innovation and Supply Chain Controlling and collaborate with Demand Planning/Inventory Management, Sales and Operations, Global Sourcing and Manufacturing and North America Finance. You’ll also work closely with the other headquarter-based Controlling Value Streams as well as Western Europe and Asia Pacific Geo inventory controlling teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years in accounting roles; ideally a mix of public and private accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Exposure to ERP accounting and financial systems such as SAP is strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop influential and synergetic relationships across a variety of business teams and functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to optimally communicate status, complex topics, issues, risks and opportunities across management levels and cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and positive demeanor who works well within a team and has the passion to get results.
- Strong passion for Converse and the global footwear industry.
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.