Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
We are searching for an emotionally intelligent leader who thrives in a constantly evolving and ambiguous work environment. This person will be collaborative partner with expertise across a variety of talent management practices, and lead the Global Performance, Career, and Engagement pillar of our Talent Practices team. They must have strong interpersonal skills, as they will need to form relationships and influence across HR and global functions.
The Global Talent Management Practices Director will be a key member of the Talent Practices leadership team, and will be responsible for three overarching bodies of work:
* Drive the evolution of Performance Management at Nike. In addition to the oversight and cross-functional team direction for the current performance process, this person will create and deliver a new Performance Management approach for all Nike employees. This will include the design of an updated Performance Management process, partner and transition management, and configuration of the new process into Work Day.
* Lead the Employee Engagement program, including oversight for Nike’s Annual All-Employee Engagement Survey. This person will set the engagement strategy, drive the administration and communications for the survey, oversee the analytics and action planning strategy, and present results to key leadership partners. This role will also partner closely with the HR Analytics team to influence and contribute too the broader Employee Listening strategy.
* Own the implementation and socialization of Nike’s Career Framework, and be a key SME for materials and programs for career pathing at Nike.
Our next teammate will have solid understanding of existing talent management practices and ensure Talent and HR partners are introduced to our resources in a thoughtful and methodical way. They will focus on building capability where needed, and improving consistency and competence for HR, managers, and employees. We are searching for a savvy, smart, flexible, efficient, results-oriented creative problem solver with good intuition and comfort in navigating the unknown.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You’ll have the opportunity to build and create Talent Practices that directly impact and support every Nike employee across the globe! In this position, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, implementation, and leadership socialization for Nike’s Performance, Career, and Engagement programs. You will create a clear vision and philosophy for these key practice areas and lead project teams to build processes, tools and frameworks that feel practical but also bring increased accuracy to the work.
In particular, you will lead Nike’s annual Engagement Survey, driving survey and reporting updates, action planning, and development tools. You’ll also own the development and implementation of an elevated Performance Management program, leading transition management and adoption for all Nike employees.
You will also play a key role in building capability across many Talent Practices for our Talent Management partners, HR team, managers, and employees.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You’ll report to the Senior Director of Global Talent Management Practices and work closely with teammates across our Talent, Development, and Culture (TD&C) teams. You’ll also partner with colleagues across HR, including Total Rewards, HR Analytics, HR Operations, HR Business Partners, Employee Communications, Business Leaders, along with external partners. This role will give you the opportunity to meet, influence, and present to employees and leaders across the organization!
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field or a combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a global HR organization or a leading Human Capital Consulting firm.
- 5+ years of Talent Management experience with proven expertise across a variety of Talent Management practices.
- Proven ability building strategies, designing practical approaches, and implementing solutions to drive and sustain behavior change.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead a matrixed team and influence across geographies, functions, and levels of the organization.
- Experience leading multiple projects and prioritize within an ambiguous or constantly evolving environment.
- Master’s degree in business, HR, OD, or PhD in I/O Psychology.
- Experience in performance management and employee engagement.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.