Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Product Margin Planner and Costing Director to join the Global Finance team. This person will play a key role in helping Converse build, execute, and manage strategies & business plans that drive profitable, sustainable, and capital efficient growth. You will be a key partner in building the price-value relationship across Converse’s Footwear, Apparel, and Accessories assortments and accountable for guiding product margin at a Global level. The director will uncover opportunities to reduce product cost and improve price-value throughout the product creation process to achieve seasonal product margin targets. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader, and self-starter who possesses outstanding Excel skills, is innovative in nature, and has a strong desire to lead change across the business.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead the Global seasonal product margin planning and reporting process from ideation to assortment finalization.
- Actively lead and find opportunities to lower costs and improve price value throughout the Global product creation process in order to achieve set product margin targets.
- Lead and communicate key benchmarks including GPM while articulating key drivers within volume, cost, and price on a season by season basis.
- Conduct scenario analyses based on costs and macroeconomic factors so as to support decision making.
- Lead in the ideation and development of new analytical approaches and processes to simplify the way we work.
- Act as a thought partner to the Product and Merchandising leadership team to define what success looks like all through the Product Margin Planning process.
- Lead and encourage a Global team and be accountable for recruiting, training, and developing talent as well as defining team and individual goals.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the CFO and collaborate with a broad set of partners across Product, Merchandising, Innovation, Design, Finance Planning, Strategy and Operations to efficiently implement deliverables. In addition, there is also a high level of exposure to Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with an MBA or advanced or combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Product Costing, and/or Strategic Planning, at a Fortune 500 company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with keen ability to communicate sophisticated concepts to wide and diverse audiences, including Senior Leadership.
- Validated ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail in the development of management-quality reporting and analytics for Senior Leadership.
- Results driven, high energy self-starter with ability to manage through ambiguity in a dynamic environment.
- Consistent track record to lead, recruit and coach a diverse and international team.
- Balance multiple, results driven priorities and maintain strong organization skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.