Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are looking for expert Software Engineering to be part of a mission critical team. This role will help drive technical decision-making and solutions for the team as they build powerful UI for content management, orchestration, delivery, and management of global multi-channel personalized communications and engagement at scale to drive Nike’s Digital transformation and growth strategies. The candidate needs to have strong communication skills, solve complex problems, and be an encouraging and teammate.What will you work on?
You will build and deliver the technical runway for existing and new Technology capabilities to support high-demand systems within the Communications space. You will rely on your understanding of front-end technologies to build and integrate user collaboration with scalable, highly available, and consistent distributed services to craft premier solutions.Who will you work with?
You will work directly with your engineering team to lead the development of key innovation features, collaborating with peer teams to ensure your systems can interoperate effectively and cohesively to provide robust solutions that meets the needs of the business. You will report into an Engineering Manager or Sr. Engineering Manager for your capability area.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering or combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of software development experience.
- Experience driving technical decisions and solutions in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment.
- Experience in a microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Node.js.
- Experience building front end with ReactJS, TypeScript and Node.js.
- Experience with distributed/cloud-based environments (Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure)
- Experience in crafting and implementing highly scalable applications.
- Experience with monitoring and tracing tools (Splunk, SignalFx, New Relic)
- Experience with continuous integration & continuous delivery, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Proven understanding of Scrum and Agile principles.
- Comfortable with fast-paced, results-oriented environment among diverse teams.
- Dedication to a high quality in performing technical code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.