Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Sustainability is not an afterthought but a business priority for Nike, Inc! Our enterprise sustainability portfolio includes commitments against carbon, waste, water, chemistry, and labor. To deliver against that work, we have created a role within the technology organization that will work in collaboration with the technology and sustainability teams to accelerate our journey towards data informed and impact driven circular design.
As the Sustainability Engineering leader, you will lead a high performing network responsible for designing, developing and operationalizing capabilities that enable product innovation, design, development and merchandising teams to create, manage, track, and reporting against a robust portfolio of Sustainability initiatives critical to delivering NIKE’s roadmap to zero. You will work with senior Nike leadership and across functions to develop and implement a long-term sustainability technology, embedded within Nike’s platform strategy.
In partnership with the Product Innovation and Consumer creation (PICC) leadership, you will craft the strategy and lead implementation on cross-functional project teams in support of meeting our enterprise sustainability commitments. You will formulate and catalyze action on design platform, materials and color libraries as well as Nike’s product development and merchandising platforms in service creating an impact driven ecosystem of capabilities. You will establish and enhance external partnership with innovators and strategic partners to help deliver to this ambition.What you will work on
Lead the corporate Sustainability engineering team to:
- Partner with PICC leadership, the Global Sustainability leadership team, design team, digital product creation team to develop the upstream sustainability engineering strategy
- Design and integrate sustainable design capabilities within our innovation, design and product creation technology platforms.
- Facilitate portfolio level intake and ensure work is prioritized and defined to meet strategic Sustainability goals consistent with Nike's Roadmap to zero, Design and Product Development objectives, and our Global Sustainability initiatives
- Drive an effective, cross-functional governance process to enable strategic alignment, investment decisions, and access to portfolio status and health
- Drive projects and programs forward through measurable process, planning, and team engagement
- Coordinate and maintain integrated portfolio level roadmap to advise and strengthen alignment and collaboration
- Develop and maintain strong network of contacts across functions and geographies within Nike, our industry partners, and Sustainability champions across industries
- Evaluate and support new Sustainability opportunities globally through technology
- Create seamless experiences for our designers and product developers while creating products across footwear, apparel and equipment.
You will work with an extensive network of technology and cross-functional partners to deliver the sustainability portfolio. Your key partners will be PICC technology leaders, Technology Innovation Office leaders, Sourcing and Manufacturing Technology leaders as well as Global Sustainability cross-functional leadership teammates. You will collaborate frequently with other parts of the design and technology organization. Key cross-functional partners include Sustainability, Responsible Supply Chain, Digital Product Creation, Advanced Innovation Collective, Demand Supply Management, Merchandising, Procurement, Government Affairs, Global Community Impact, finance, analytics. You will also collaborate with external partners as needed to drive sustainability outcomes, including vendors, peer companies, industry groups, universities, and research partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Environmental Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Master’s in environmental engineering or Sustainable Design is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in ESG, sustainability, social impact, policy, digital transformation, consulting or similar
- Effectively hired, mentored, retained and grown engineering leaders.
- Ability to get results and thrive in a highly matrixed, cross-cultural organization
- Consistent record to drive toward a goal and lead workstreams within sophisticated, cross-functional teams
- Comprehensive research and analytical skills; ability to gather information quickly related to consumers, industries, and competitors and synthesize it into concrete information
- Strong project management, process, and organizational skills, including handling and prioritizing multiple responsibilities to achieve strategic objectives
- Capability to build and maintain cross-functional and cross-regional networks with internal and external resources and navigate complex organizational structures
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, and verbalize ideas effectively
- Experience crafting and delivering presentations to senior leadership and external leaders. Think creatively, recognize new business opportunities, understand new technologies, and communicate ideas
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.