Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Marketing Science and Applied Analytics, Jordan Brand. This role will create the Jordan brand’s multi-disciplinary analytics offense to inform and measure against our strategic actions. The position will lead a team that uses a diverse blend of capabilities including Nike direct-to-consumer analytics, member engagement and marketing sciences.
We need a strong, influential leader with deep expertise in analytics to create productive insights and implications. This role will be a critical part of the leadership team of Global Jordan Consumer Science + Insights team and Nike Inc. Nike Direct Analytics and Marketing Sciences teams. .
Your organization will support specific facets of Nike’s accelerated digital and direct offense while also ensuring consistency and efficiency in the company’s consumer-led approach. We are seeking for an extraordinary professional with experience across quantitative consumer insights, alongside a demonstrated record of integrating these insights into broader strategic decisions and applying them to prioritize future growth opportunities.
Working at Nike in this time of growth and dynamic strategic intent is a unique opportunity; we are looking for a professional who is passionate about the Nike and Jordan brands, energetic and proactive, and thrives on working with and applying data and technology. Are you ready to make a career-altering difference in driving the Swoosh to new heights?Key Responsibilities
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of leaders that blend applied and strategic roles; be responsible for managing performance, goals and development potential of the team
- Set team strategy to enable the design and execution of scalable end-to-end solutions that holistically blend analytics and research
- Drive the application and implementation of contemporary data science, analytics, and research methods and tools to derive useful insights for a wide variety of business goals.
- Own strategic relationships with leaders across Jordan Marketing, Marketplace and Product Creation teams to understand current and anticipate future business needs that can be facilitated by the application of research, analytics and experimentation
- Work in a diverse environment and successfully lead across multiple functions of the business, including switching workstreams and handling multiple levels of requests
- Collaborate with peer leaders across the Consumer Insights function to ensure unified consistent approaches that serve many parts of the Nike and Jordan business
- Recognize multiple short and long term business outcomes and incentivize team to prioritize action against them appropriately
- Create and foster an environment that values and promotes autonomy, skill mastery, empowerment, transparency, innovation, and continuous learning
- Build trust and drive business adoption of your solutions with partners
- Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to the team’s disciplines
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and individual improvement across your organization through training and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- 10+ years in Data Science, Advanced Analytics and/or Consumer Insights, preferably with a related college and/or Advanced degree
- Experience leading teams of technical experts in areas of analytics, research and/or experimentation
- Excellent communications skills; in particular, the ability to clearly communicate critical in-depth insights (including technical content) to business partners
- Ability to think strategically regarding the application of data and research
- Firm grasp of omnichannel business dynamics
- Strong problem solving and analytical attitude combined with excellent critical thinking skills
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members, business partners and senior leadership
- Able to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Expert understanding of and demonstrable ability to deliver complex data systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve both people and process related issues
- Familiarity with data visualization, digital optimization, A/B and multivariate test implementation, analysis and business reviews
- Executive level presentation and communication experience
- Consumer experience with Nike digital experiences (NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike App)
- Familiarity with Nike’s physical merchandise and company history
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.