Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
The Global Corporate Development team is responsible for the identification and execution of strategic transactions across the NIKE, Inc. value chain. To drive success and help orchestrate inorganic acceleration, we:
- Consider how Nike might augment our elite products & services or identify entirely new ways to bring inspiration and innovation to the athlete
- Synthesize enterprise strategy to identify outsized growth opportunities and the capabilities required to deliver against them
- Develop an always-evolving and nuanced understanding of external innovation and marketplace ecosystems
- Build insightful hypotheses on how specific opportunities might propel the Nike business forward and maintain what makes us successful
- Build comprehensive business cases & strategic rationale supporting specific transactions, and drive leadership alignment and support
- Bring an outstanding skillset that allows us to complete transactions & integrations with excellence
We’re looking for a Director to join our Global Corporate Development team. This role will help lead the team in carrying out all aspects of the mission above. This individual will be responsible for opportunity development, target identification, business and financial model creation, enterprise alignment, deal execution & integration. As such, the candidate needs to be hard-working, comfortable with ambiguity, capable of developing and defending original strategic arguments, have a strong intuition for business and experience in financial modeling and executive presentation, elevated EQ and an ability to drive broad consensus with detailed storytelling.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Global Corporate Development Manager, you'll work across functions and with senior Nike leadership to complete transactions (M&A, investment, joint venture, etc.) that drive outsize strategic and financial value. You'll help lead investment projects from end-to-end: advising enterprise strategy, evaluating critical priorities, identifying innovative acceleration opportunities, building consensus & driving business unit alignment, landscaping ideal partnership targets, influencing executive leadership, negotiating key terms, completing transactions, and integrating teams & technology.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role is truly enterprise in nature & scope. You will engage closely with teammates in the broader finance function, but you will be expected to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships across business units to identify unique growth opportunities
- Develop and influence deal specific working teams that include relevant partners from key enabling functions (Legal, Accounting, Tax, etc.)
- Have and grow a thematically aligned external network across the investment spectrum (VC, PE, banking, strategic, angel, etc.) and with entrepreneurs and industry luminaries
- Lead engagement with third party partners as needed (CEO’s, legal counsel, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years’ work experience in investment banking, private equity/venture capital, corporate development, business development or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- OR Master’s degree in Business Administration +5 years of work experience (MBA preferred but not required)
- In lieu of a degree an additional 10+ years of relevant experience is acceptable
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis, with particular emphasis on financial modeling & diligence
- Consistent track record to work on cross-functional teams, influence leadership and drive project momentum forward
- A curiosity about framing opportunities, synthesizing ambitious concepts and comfort with ambiguity
- Can-do attitude and history of making stuff happen independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage several projects at once
- Strong passion for Nike
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.