Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
We’re looking for an Owned Marketing Data Manager to develop the global strategy, use cases, and business requirements for owned data. To drive our work, implement the plan, ensure data quality, accessibility, data taxonomy and data governance.
This is a crucial role as part of Nike’s Digital Marketing Transformation, and more specifically to deliver on the vision for outstanding owned data and the operating model to extract value, better serve our consumers and drive profitable member growth.
The candidate has confirmed experience with consumer data, performance marketing, and MarTech applications, including audience operations, campaign taxonomies, and using/deploying CDPs.
The person needs to be very comfortable working with technology engineers, data operators, modelers, and marketers. They should be an excellent communicator able to demystify measurements and simplify sophisticated concepts in a relatable narrative. Additionally, be able to translate business needs into data and capability requirements.
The candidate is an engaging teammate with tried ability to drive cross-functional initiatives. They should also have tried experience in project management.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be focused on being a data steward and consumer advocate for our business!Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with marketers to develop use cases for first party/member data and translate them into requirements for data engineering/MarTech teams.
- Develop and maintain standardized data taxonomies and requirements for tagging, campaign and content.
- Ensure new releases, features and experiences follow standards for future attributions and analysis.
- Develop KPI’s, standard and laddered self service reporting that can be used at scale by marketing teams, collaborating with Owned Platforms team, Marketing Science and Digital Marketing Transformation Office.
- Translate data and KPI’s into useful insights in partnership with Marketing Science and Marketers.
- Evangelize the marketing team on data literacy and the value of data for members and the business; drive culture of data.
You will report into the global Owned Data Sr Director, and be part of the Owned Platforms team and the broader Global Consumer Marketing organization.
You will work cross-functionally with a large and diverse group of partners, across data engineering, MarTech, Marketing Science, Consumer Data Science, Member Communications, marketers, and privacy teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- 5-8 years experience with a focus on Consumer Data, Performance Marketing and the MarTech space.
- Experience in MarTech stacks is a strong benefit.
- Strong experience working with Data engineers, modelers, analytics to translate and embed data into the core of the business model and marketing operations at scale.
- Strong experience in driving complex cross-functional work in a matrixed environment and project management background.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to convey sophisticated concepts to senior leaders, businesses, and marketers.
- Ability to demystify measurement and translate data into a consumable and relatable narrative to support data literacy in the marketing organization.
- Strong analytical and financial chops.
- Deep curiosity for the consumer, the changing marketing and industry landscape, a passion for driving transformation!
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.