Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
SNKRS & NBHD comprise Nike’s consumer-led streetwear ecosystem. This multi-disciplinary team builds encouraged, brand-defining, and inclusive products, stories, experiences, and business models that harness the energy from our communities, shape culture, and build lasting emotional bonds with our consumers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an outstanding manager to lead a team of data scientists working with partners across digital, product, and marketplace teams. In this role, you will support better decision-making, identify trends, monitor the business, obsess our consumer, make predictions at scale, and ultimately help build Nike’s future iconic product franchises. The role requires mathematical tenacity as well as the creativity to identify new opportunities to bring value through data-driven insights. You should have a history of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, delivering work on time against a roadmap, and sharing your work with non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about sneaker culture and has a strong vision for how SNKRS+NBHD can serve the sneaker community in new and engaging ways.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead and mentor a team of 2-4 highly skilled data scientists and analysts
- Be a strategic partner to business leaders and lead research and analysis to inform business strategy
- Regularly present to senior leaders. Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences
- Drive understanding of our members and their interaction with our products through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement
- Define how our team members measure success by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user, product, and business metrics
- Guide analyses and statistical model development to understand business performance, improve decision-making, and predict outcomes
- Build models and simulations to understand streetwear marketplace dynamics
- Design and analyze experiments to illuminate causality
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards to monitor business health, uncover product- and assortment-level insights, and to communicate results to team members and leadership
- Advance data literacy with non-technical partners
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role reports into the SNKRS + NBHD Data Science & Analytics team Director. You will be a key member of a creative team that is groundbreaking data-driven methods to solve an outstanding and complex set of problems you won’t find at any other company: understanding the effects of scarcity on future demand, modeling the preferences of a highly discerning consumer base, and developing measurements of fairness, to name a few. We partner with other data scientists, analysts, engineers, and researchers as well as a diverse range of cross-functional partners.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, or similarly quantitative fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an individual contributor in data science or analytics
- Minimum 2 years of team leadership experience
- Expertise in in metric development, statistical analysis, and intuitive reporting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, with demonstrated ability to use data and storytelling to influence business decisions
- Ability to run and prioritize multiple tracks of work, ensuring high-quality output on- time delivery
- Ability to work in multiple data environments and perform complex joins, data cleaning, and feature creation using SQL or SQL-based languages (e.g., Hive)
- Ability to architect rich datasets and automate data pipelines
- Significant experience coding in Python
- Proven experience building positive working relationships in cross-functional teams, including demonstrated success in managing through influence.
- Track record of owning high-impact work from idea to delivery
- Plus: advanced degree in quantitative subject area
- Plus: experience with detailed experimentation and establishing causality
- Plus: passion for Nike sneakers and streetwear culture.
This role will be based out of Beaverton, OR or New York, NY.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.