Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
We’re looking for a Project Director that will be a central leader and guide the flow of work across multiple specialties and departments in Global Brand Marketing.
This is a highly visible role that will need to effectively communicate across all layers of the organization simultaneously. The Project Director will influence and input into key decisions as we work with the core functional Marketing teams, peers, and executives to ensure that all relevant project facts are being communicated effectively and consistently. The Director will be the driver of all key decisions (positive and negative) that affect the outcome of the projects in flight and advise work that is coming. The director will balance the tactical needs of experience delivery with the skills required to orchestrate, mentor and encourage their team. You are the conduit to our Studio Management, Production, Consumer Direct Marketing (CDM), and Brand Management partners, establishing and upholding these relationships.
The ideal candidate needs to have the skill to both make the right decisions and communicate them convincingly, acting as the project team captain that other team members consistently seek out for answers that are fast, authoritative, and right. The skills and duties vital for success in this role will be:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Studio Directors to ensure a consistent Brand Creative delivery process
- Partner with the Global Studio Management and Production teams in crafting a new and efficient and scalable Operating Model
- Strategically plan work upstream for future projects and initiatives as well being able to adjust to downstream work to support changing business needs
- Provide leadership with critical path plans of large-scale, full-funnel marketing campaign executions
- Support Brand executives in bringing their strategic Marketing vision to life and nurturing it through project delivery & production services
- Accountable for all aspects of managing a budget including alignment to business priorities and forecasting accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring that initiatives are delivered on time and on budget, across both internal and external teams
- Advise & develop outstanding Project Managers across your team
- Lead and develop a high functioning and autonomous project management team that is solution orientated
- Build and maintain systems & tools strategy to support efficient & effective Global Brand delivery
- Maintain a constant view of all work in flight while providing access to executive leadership
- Have strong and creative problem solving skills.
- Partner with Marketing Finance to handle ongoing budget processes
As Project Management Director you will develop the team that translates Marketing requirements and strategies into reality. You’ll be working with Consumer Direct Marketing (CDM), as well as its Geo counterparts, its cross-functional business partners, and external vendors. The role will keep the marketing house “in order” and driving those prioritized initiatives forward, reliably. We must ensure that everyone within marketing is aware of expectations and what is and is not required of them so that we deliver within our boundaries.
You will ensure workstreams are adequately supported, and that individuals are getting rest and recovery while leading the prioritization and resourcing of projects in partnership with Geographic Project Management. You will team up with Brand Planning, Studios, Production, and CDM to mitigate and handle project risks when needed while collaborating with Directors of Brand Planning, Project Management for Campaigns & 365, Direct, Coordinated Media, Nike Stores and Marketplace Partners to build-out, tracking and socialization of the review and delivery cadence of projects. You'll foster partnerships with Project Management leadership peers as we define the way project management should operate at Nike and are a go-to resource for Global, Geography and City partners as you define standard methodologies and continuous process improvements.
You can't describe your days and weeks as the same! You will be looking to guide a team across multiple projects and all activities around the project(s) that ensure on time, on expectation projects. No two projects are the same, and your team will rely on your years of experience to drive our work and the success of the project lifecycle!WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role reports directly to the VP of Kids Global Brand Marketing. As the key operational partner to this leader, you will manage 2 Project Managers driving the work. You will partner closely with Creative Studio Directors, other collaborators to ensure work is appropriately handled cross-functionally. The primary connective tissue partners for this role include Studio Management, Brand Planning, CDM and Production; and you will establish your partnerships with these business relations while building out your project management processes.
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 8+ years experience or equivalent in a project management or similar role
- Proficiency managing large budgets ($8M+) and delivering large global initiatives with full funnel marketing
- Experience working with production partners and agencies
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be driven and passionate about the Nike Brand
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.